38

The hazel-eyed man couldn't hide the worry that appeared on his face from time to time, he was thinking about his beloved. His family noticed, but chose not to speak, at least not over dinner. They saw that Makary was trying not to spoil the atmosphere and they appreciated it. However, his parents and Mirek went to visit more distant relatives who lived nearby. The children were already tired, but they continued to watch the fairy tale. Makary's pregnant sister-in-law served him tea and sat next to him on the sofa, noticed that he had been staring at the phone for a long time and was thinking hard about something.

"What is it about?" Kornelia asked, leaning back against the piece of furniture with relief. "Don't try to brush me off, we've all seen things go wrong all day for you."

"I'm worried," Makary replied casually.

"About something or someone?" his sister-in-law asked, not wanting to be nosy but to help if she could.

"The boy," he replied sadly. "I saw him this morning and he didn't look well."

"Is that the one you got those pretty Christmas tree ornaments from?"

Makary confirmed with a nod and told him that Błażej had told him about a certain shop where handicrafts were sold. He suspected that he had once bought a Kotozaur there, and he bet that for an additional fee, they implemented individual guidelines in orders. Kornelia didn't believe this version but kept it to herself. From the beginning, she thought that the donor had probably made them himself, bearing in mind Makary's favourite burgundy colour. She also knew that such things were expensive, very expensive. She smiled wanly, wondering how much her brother-in-law had fallen in love to fall for him.

Her younger five-year-old son appeared in front of them and climbed onto his uncle's lap. Antoni was a curious child and always liked to know what adults were talking about behind his back, even if he didn't understand the topic of the conversation in its entirety.

"Anielka turned on animation for girls, so I came. What are you talking about?" he asked directly.

"Uncle is telling me about his prince," Kornelia replied with a smile.

"Prince?" Antek was surprised. "I thought uncle hadn't found his princess yet."

"And have you found yours already?" Makary laughed, wondering how to explain to the child why this was the situation in his case.

"I don't even want to look!" The boy threw up his hands in protest. "Girls are trouble! But I still don't understand..."

"Sweetie, there are gentlemen who are not interested in princesses, that's why they are looking for a prince for themselves, whom they can love with all their heart," Kornelia explained first.

"Uncle, do you love this one of yours?"

"Of course," replied the pregnant woman. "Remember, you asked earlier why your uncle is sad at times. It's because he's worried about him."

"Now I understand a little, but I have to think about it for a moment," Antek announced and for a moment he analyzed what he had just learned. "If gentlemen sometimes look for their prince, are there ladies who look for princesses?"

"They are," his mother nodded, smiling kindly.

"How is he?" asked the boy, directing the question directly to his uncle. "And what does it look like?"

The conversation with the adults was much more interesting than he expected. Although at the moment, anything that wasn't about the pony story his sister loved was a more interesting way to spend time. Makary pulled out his phone and showed them a photo of Błażej, which he had taken during their visit to the Christmas market, as if from hiding. His beloved knew that the phone was aimed at him, yet he pretended not to be aware of it.

"He is very hard-working and organized. He writes everything down in a calendar and makes some lists." As he said these words, he remembered a gift that he had not yet unwrapped. "He's kind and has a good heart, but Nemo hasn't won over to him yet," he laughed.

"Then I hope we'll see him soon," Kornelia concluded and said it was time for the children to go to bed.