62

Błażej hesitated a bit before knocking on Makary's door and after a few deep breaths, he finally did it. He didn't have this problem before, so why now? Stupid Valentine's Day, he thought, just stresses people out unnecessarily. Makary opened the door quickly and with a smile invited him inside. The hazel-eyed was afraid that his beloved had finally changed his mind and was nervous about it.

"I had a cup of coffee with Monika," Błażej replied to his excuse, hiding the gift behind his back. "How was Antek holding up after all this drama?"

"He experienced it very much, he is stubborn, so he can hold a grudge for a long time," replied Makary with a sigh, wondering what Błażej was trying to hide from him.

"Krystian convinced Tymek to try to reconcile with him tomorrow, I hope it will be enough," the first year sighed. "And it's possible he'll help you level up a bit from toy thief."

"What a relief," Makary smiled and pretended that he was trying to see what Błażej was hiding behind his back. The first year knew there was no point hiding it any longer and held out his hand with the present.

"It's not like I was looking for a gift, especially for today, it just caught my eye somewhere. I didn't know that we would meet today," Błażej began to speak quickly, avoiding the recipient's gaze. He had a tendency to chatter when he was nervous. "I wanted to give you this the next time we met. I just thought you might like it. You could, for example, only use it for crossword puzzles."

"Thank you," Makary replied with a smile, taking the package in his hands. "I have nothing for you."

"You'll make dinner, won't you? That's enough," replied Błażej ashamed, and went to sit on the sofa, where he immediately began to look through the notes.

Makary shook his head and looked inside. He opened the present, where there was a box with a pen with a parrot pattern on it. It even matched Nemo's feathering. The animal seemed to sense that someone was thinking about it, because it ordered to the owner's shoulder, curious about the new object in his hand. The parrot normally ignored the presence of Błażej.

"Your effigy," he whispered to his pet and stroked him. "Do you like it?"

Nemo chirped and went on with his parrot business, including playing on the swing. He didn't care at all, he knew that his master had already been bribed by someone new and he wasn't going to save him again. Makary leaned against the countertop and watched Błażej for a moment, who was completely absorbed in learning, and adjusted his glasses from time to time. He just hoped he wasn't going to stay up all night doing it, it wouldn't be healthy for him either. But he intended to keep his finger on the pulse and, if necessary, distract him from his notes and force him to sleep.

Błażej was grateful to Makary for leaving him alone for a while. It gave him a chance to recover a bit. He still felt embarrassed, Christmas presents were much easier to give because he could run away right away. But he couldn't resist the temptation not to watch his reaction. He was glad because the smile of the hazel-eyed was sincere and apparently meant that he liked the gift. The ringing of the phone snapped him out of his concentration, he was surprised when he saw that it was Krystian.