12

Makary smiled slightly and with a little better humor directed his steps to the nearest pharmacy. When he returned, he finally took the longed-for deliverance from pain and took a shower. Only then did he feel ready to deal with the mess he had left after the breakup. He was standing in the center of the room, scratching his head and arranging the events in chronological order. He clearly remembered talking to his ex and the pain of breaking up.

Immediately after he left, he threw everything he had prepared from the table, food, and drinks, the spilling of which probably did not benefit the floor. So he started cleaning up while wondering why he didn't call anyone but went to drink his sorrows. He never chose this solution, he realized that his head was weak. Then only snippets of what was happening remained in his head, he could only be grateful that he somehow ended up in his own apartment, and not somewhere on the street.

Fate might pretend that it had absolutely nothing to do with the decision the man made the previous day, but he preferred to watch him furiously now as he struggled with cleaning. He promised himself that he would not interfere anymore, but he gave them a really 'last' chance with the elevator, now he was just curious about what they would do.

Makary wished he had to throw away so much food, and it almost hurt his heart to do so. He was still surprised that he had summoned the courage to break up with someone. Usually, it was more simple, he and his potential other half's paths diverge in a more peaceful manner. He also felt the gaze of a parrot disappointed in his behavior. He hoped he would feel better, but he was not like that, but during those six months he managed to accumulate many good memories of this relationship. As much as it hurt, he knew he had made the right decision, even if he struggled with a broken heart for a while.

During the cleaning process, the note that Błażej had left flew under the wardrobe and the hazel-eyed man noticed its protruding fragment only when he was washing the floor. He picked it up hesitantly, not remembering he had been making a note recently. He raised an eyebrow as he read it and said he needed some air. He went out on the balcony, inviting Nemo to enter the larger cage he had outside, which the parrot willingly took advantage of.

Makary, with the message in his hands, leaned against the railing and looked around the estate. From his balcony, he saw a playground that was beginning to bustle with life and the sound of children's games. He saw Tymek among the crowd, so he started looking for Błażej, who was sitting on a nearby bench. Makary wondered how it was possible that they had met again by chance. He looked at the card again. Let me know if you're okay. B., there was also a phone number written on it. He knew he should thank him and fill in the gaps in memory, though he was afraid of what he might find out.

Hey, I'm fine. I just came to my senses. I don't know who you are, but I should probably thank you, so thank you
, wrote Makary and returned to the observation of the surroundings, but still, the gaze kept returning to Błażej. He noticed that he was using the phone, and when he put it back in his pocket, there was a sound announcing the arrival of a new message from him. He was sure it was just a coincidence and he tried hard to convince himself of it.

I'm glad you say that. I just wanted to make sure.

How many things should I regret from yesterday evening?

Makary watched as a moment after he had sent his query, Błażej pulled out his phone again, tapped something on it for a moment, and again a moment after he put it down, a new message arrived. The heart of the man standing on the balcony began to beat faster, he felt hope, not knowing what for.

There would be a few things.

After writing back, Błażej called Tymek and ordered a trip to the store.

"What for?" asked the boy tired of playing, hoping, however, that he would win something for himself and persuade his uncle to do something unhealthy, which his mother always refused to do.

"I need to buy something to apologize to this gentleman, for your behavior in the elevator," replied Błażej, wondering what it should be.