6

The store employee did not expect his voice to sound so harsh, especially when he saw the sad expression of rejection on his interlocutor's face. Makary looked away as if he wanted to lunge towards the door in a panic, blaming himself for the offer he had made, wishing he had bitten his tongue. Błażej felt stupid and wanted to rectify the situation as soon as possible, although he knew that it made no sense. He fucked up right from the start and he was angry with himself, he didn't like being rude to people, without a really good reason.

"You don't have to," Błażej murmured, his brow furrowed. "The most important thing is that the mascot is found and Tymek will be happy about it. Thank you for giving her away, you really don't need to worry about anything else." The boy looked at his watch. "I have to go now but thank you very much again."

Makary watched him walk away and stood still for a moment until he realized what had actually happened. There was a flush on his face, so he quickly left the store and as soon as he got into the car, he asked his brother to come home already. Although Mirek wanted to tell him what had actually happened, Makary did not squeal a word, which the older sibling only said with a heavy sigh. The feeling of worry did not go away for a moment.

Błażej felt bad, feeling that he had hurt someone and when he returned to the locker room, he hit his locker several times with his fist. He was furious with the whole situation because he didn't understand why he'd still been invited for a coffee. He didn't need to get into any trouble, he was rude, that's true, but he politely thanked him for the given toy. Why then did he feel a burning pain in his heart?

Several months have passed since that meeting, and neither of them thought they would ever meet again, but in their case, fate decided to be a bit stubborn and gave them another chance.

Makary picked up the phone in the morning and did not have time to answer, and he heard the breathless voice of a friend of the year in the receiver.

"Do you have any plans for today?" Sandra asked.

"No, what's the matter?"

"Okay, then get your pretty face ready and take your ass to the fair," she screamed. "Call me when you get here."

"Sandra, but I don't understand what is going on, what am I needed there for?"

"That fool Alan set us up and I don't have anyone for a faculty's promotional model position," the girl gasped as if she had lifted a heavy weight off her shoulders.

"I thought about you because you can attract a few more girls."

"You know I'm not fit for this," Makary sighed softly, terrified that he would probably eventually go to help anyway, even if it cost him too much of his nerves.

"Please, Makary," she said. "Hanka and Ela are also asking," she gave the phone to her friends.

"Very please," they said.

"What will I have to do there?" Makary asked, in the meantime searching for a suitable outfit.

"To charm the audience, of course."

"Sandra ..."

"You just have to smile, hand out leaflets and answer youth's questions, that's all. Just hurry up," said the president of the student council seriously.