120

She was looking at someone behind Błażej's back, the movie star was just entering the restaurant. The actor walked towards them to say hello and ask where the rest of them were. He recognized his voice immediately, nothing had changed.

Błażej felt all his muscles become like stone. Too heavy to move when he wanted to escape. He started breathing heavily and broke into sweat. Everything went silent, he could only hear his footsteps coming towards him.

"Błażej, what happened? You're so pale," Jola said, worried.

He knew the name would get his attention, he couldn't help but make sure it wasn't him. He felt his eyes on him and saw her slowly standing next to Jola and looking at him. Even though he was smiling, there was nothing in his eyes other than pure disgust. He was a great actor, and Błażej knew what was meant for him.

"I don't believe it, do you remember me, Błażej? You've changed a bit since high school, but you haven't forgotten about me, have you?" he laughed, and Makary's sister-in-law raised her eyebrows, she had a bad feeling.

"No, I haven't forgotten, Adam," Błażej whispered.

He wanted to cover his ears and protect himself from the growing memories of laughter and insults that mixed with the noise of the restaurant. He thought he had gotten over it somehow, and yet his presence had allowed the demons of his past to prey on him again. And they were hungry, deprived of food for months because Błażej was too happy, but not strong enough to completely drive them away.

He was furious with himself that everything he thought he had achieved over the last few months had suddenly become such an illusion. He was still a victim, watched over by her executioner, whom she never wanted to see again. And yet, fate decided that he would make this unfunny joke anyway.

But that wasn't its goal. It wanted to show Błażej something and encourage him to make the final choice. However, for this, it needed Makary and hurried him as much as it could to change his clothes and finish his work. It was not for nothing that he filled the hazel-eyed man's head with anxiety of unknown origin. He just knew he had to hurry.

He ran out of the back room and barely heard the man's name. He didn't have to try to remember who he was dealing with. One look at Błażej was enough for him to remember how he had never felt so angry in his life that he could deliberately hurt someone. However, he saw in his beloved's eyes that this was not what he expected. Błażej stared at him with such intensity as if he had never seen him before, and Makary felt as if time had stopped. The hazel-eyed boy extended his hand towards him, feeling that it was time for him to make a decision.

Fate showed Błażej what might await him, or he would give up and focus on Adam, who was recalling the past. And it wouldn't let him forget about her, its demons wouldn't let him starve for so long. They wanted to finish him off and then find another victim to feed on for years.

On the other hand, it revealed to him what the future might hold. Happy Monika in the white dress she always dreamed of, with Tymek by her side, fixing the irritating bow tie with a box of wedding rings. Sylwia and Krystian opened their clinic and then walked with a baby stroller. Basia runs towards him to hug him and boast about another scientific achievement, and he can tell her how proud he is of his younger sister. A table was set for a huge family, and from the noise around it, he could hear the voices belonging to Makary's family.

Finally, his beloved, but already older and even age did not take away his beauty. However, what did not change was the way he looked at him with love and smiled, inviting him to live together. Błażej wanted it all, he wanted so much... to share happiness with all of them.

"And you can experience all this, but only if you decide to fight for it," said fate in the head of the young man whose life he decided to link with the one who was still waiting to take his hand. "This is the one step you must decide to take now, or the past will never let you go. Happiness that no one can take away from you is at your fingertips."

Błażej blinked in surprise, he didn't think he would ever find himself in such a strange situation. Suddenly he felt a surge of confidence and love. After all, he loved Makary and knew that he felt the same. He had the right to do so, he had the right to be happy and he wasn't going to hesitate anymore, so he grabbed his lover's hand, who pulled him towards him and then towards the exit. In the future, they could build together.

THE END