26

"I'm sorry, I just remembered something," Monika said, wiping a tear from the corner of her eye.

"I want to know what you remembered," Tymek announced, putting his curiosity in the first place instead of anger.

"Just your uncle Błażej, he was so funny when he was a child. Whenever we helped make pierogi, he did most of us. When we tried to get out of it with the rest, he always looked at us and said with a serious face "The more I do, the more I'll get later, it's your loss"." Monika tried to imitate his voice, but she didn't do it very well, which only made her companions laugh. "Oh, or he was the only one who liked the soup, which a normal kid likes soup, and then he sat there happy and "My tummy is warm, that means I'm loved." Sometimes I miss such Błażej, it's a pity that he can't say it anymore," the woman became a bit sad and added. "Please don't mention to him that I said that, he won't forgive me for that."

"I do not say a word," Makary agreed with a slight smile.

He got the information he needed, and it made him laugh, but again some things made him worry. He didn't want to be nosy, so he didn't continue the subject, believing that maybe someday he'd know the details and reasons why she said those words.

"I offered to cook something for him, but I don't know if he will agree to accept it," said Makary when he put the groceries on the table in Monika's apartment.

"Well, it's hard for me to say what Błażej would do. I remember the first time he refused you, but since then it has changed a bit, however, he can fluctuate," the woman replied. "But he won't refuse if we put him up against the wall."

"What do you mean?"

"He will look after Tymek on Saturday, when I come back from work, I will send him to you under some pretext. If you invite him right away, I doubt he'll say no." Monica smiled. "I'll give you my number right now, then we'll work out the details."

Yes, Fate raised its hand in victory, announcing that a woman had just been promoted to his chief aide.

"Why do you want to help me?" asked Makary, surprised by her attitude.

"I see you like him, even though you wouldn't admit it, would you? That's one and two, I have a good feeling about you. There's one more thing, but I'll keep it to myself for now." She smiled even wider, and Fate gave her an imaginary high-five. "And thank you for helping me with the groceries."

"You're welcome."

"I would only have one request," the woman suddenly became severe. "Błażej may not look like it, but he is easy to hurt. Don't do it, or at least try not to."

"Of course," replied Makary, suddenly terrified of the filtering gaze his cousin Błażej stared at him.

She asked her son to escort the visitor to the door and bid him a polite farewell. Tymek did it reluctantly and Makarios didn't even have to try to sense it. The child clearly didn't like him and hoped he wouldn't come here again.

"Goodbye," Makary said politely to him.

"Goodbye," Tymek murmured, and while closing the door, he whispered, in addition, "I will not let my uncle go to you on Saturday."