94

Monika watched as Tymek reluctantly ate and then accompanied them with an even sadder face. She knew all too well that something was bothering him, but she couldn't get even the slightest hint out of him. However, every time she asked if he didn't want to go home, he vehemently denied it. In order not to bother him, she and Przemek quickly chose a gift for his daughter. She also bought the things she and Tymek talked about, including some new clothes for the upcoming summer, because he had already outgrown many of his T-shirts. She was also looking for good, new shoes for him. She happily put all the bags in the trunk of the car, even though

Przemek was carrying them, but she still had a few left in her hand. However, it did not escape the man that he made a rather negative impression on the boy, even though he tried very hard. But he was all too aware of how much children of single parents disliked their new partners.

Besides, he had gone through the same thing in earlier years with his daughter, although he never went out with any woman to look for her new mother, which the girl often accused him of, they themselves tried to play this role, thinking that thanks to this they would gain a lot in his eyes. It was quite the opposite, of course, he wanted his potential partner to have a good relationship with his beloved daughter, but he did not expect this kind of relationship to develop between them. He didn't want to replace anyone, he didn't want to impose anything on anyone. At least initially, he wanted to separate his family and his new romantic relationship.

That's why he wasn't surprised that Tymek didn't like him. However, he cared about Monika and was not going to give up so easily. He suggested that they might end the day with a trip to the cinema together. The woman looked at him uncertainly and then at her child, it was Tymek who made the final decision.

"What movie?" asked the boy, surprised by this proposition. He hasn't been to the cinema for a long time and would actually like to go there.

"I heard that a new part of the movie about these yellow creatures in blue pants and glasses has recently been released. I don't know if that means anything to you," the man replied, hoping that this spontaneous attempt would bring some results.

You could see the excitement in Tymek's eyes and for the first time that day, he smiled sincerely. Monika laughed under her breath, feeling Tymek starting to pull her hand.

"I don't know if you planned it, but you're lucky because Tymek is a fan," she whispered to Przemek, walking past him.

After a successful afternoon at the cinema, Monika invited Przemek for dinner. She allowed herself to do so, seeing that her son was in a much better mood, delighted with the latest part of his favourite animation. However, it didn't end there, because the man was also invited for a glass of wine after Tymek went to bed. He and Monika watched some romantic comedies and talked a lot. The man felt that maybe this was his chance and when the opportunity presented itself, he kissed the woman he had had a crush on for a long time.

Monika almost dropped the glass from her hand, surprised by this gesture, and at the same time, surrendering to the rule of her heart, she did not want it to end. However, her mind, stripped of its power, brought her back to order after a while. She moved away from the man and looked at him apologetically.

"We shouldn't," she whispered, on the verge of tears. "You are my superior."

"Is that your only concern?" Przemek laughed, still hoping that he hadn't spoiled anything. "Are you afraid of what others will say or that I will favour you? I've had a crush on you for so long that I would have been doing this for a long time."

"What about...?" She looked towards Tymek's room.

"I'm worried about the same thing, but I believe you won't make your child happy if you yourself forget what it means," he said tenderly, extending his hand to her. "That's why I'd like to try to find a bit of it with you if you'll let me."

Monika considered all the pros and cons for a moment, fighting with herself and trying to find the strength to give herself the right to seek happiness and love. Przemek waited patiently for her decision, ready to bear the consequences regardless of what they were. He smiled as the woman grabbed his hand and clung to him, allowing herself to shed tears that he promised himself he wouldn't let happen again.