16

A week had passed since their first coffee together, and neither of them could speak again. Both Makary and Błażej had thoughts like "What could I talk to him about?"; "I'll write 'Hey, what's up' and what's next?"; "How do I start?"; "Maybe send a meme or some gif? What if he doesn't like it? " So for seven days they both stared at the phone, typed the first letters of the message, then deleted it.

Błażej was worried and did not want to admit to himself that this strange question, which the hazel-eyed asked before leaving, made him happy, but at the same time filled him with anxiety. Probably some people would consider it a sign of interest, but he didn't necessarily believe it. He had already learned that it was not worth having an illusory hope for anything, just as he was still clinging to it, that his parents would accept him as he was ... and reality had brutally shown him that it would never happen. On the other hand, he couldn't help feeling that their random encounters were frequent. Sometimes he thought about what would happen if he agreed to that coffee, but then he reminded himself that it was the best decision at the time. He heard that Krystian had already left the shower and was wandering around the kitchen, so he took the opportunity to wash.

Meanwhile, Makary was sleeping soundly on the couch, having fallen asleep in a marathon of movies with princesses. He looked after his nieces, seven-year-old twins, who were daughters of his eldest brother. Earlier that day, he received a call.

"Makary, listen Szymek is having a sleepover at his friend's house today, and I haven't been anywhere with Jolka for a long time. I'd take her to the cinema and to dinner. Could you take care of the girls for the evening?"

"Sure," he replied without hesitating, adoring all of his nephews.

"And could you ..."

"Yes, let them stay overnight." Makary rolled his eyes, laughing inwardly that his brother hadn't asked for it right away.

"Thanks, I'll bring them at four."

The girls were glad that they would spend the night with their uncle, who usually succumbed to their charms and allowed them to do everything and, in addition, had a pet. Recently, Kaja and Kinga have started to show some interest in cosmetics and have stolen some from their mother. Twins hoped that under the watchful eye of a submissive relative, they would be able to practice doing makeup, but when Makry fell asleep, a devilish plan appeared in girls' heads to use his face as a canvas. Girls took out the prey hidden in their backpacks and began their memorable work.

First, they tried to choose the right amount of beige goo, which they partially smeared on the uncle's face. Twins argued in whispers about whether they had used it too little or not, and then what they should do next. Children managed to get only the cosmetics, without any accessories useful for applying them to the face. They applied both gold eyeshadow and blush with their fingers, from which they made a large circle on his cheeks. Instead of painting lashes with mascara, smeared the eyelids. In addition, the only lipstick they managed to get was a blood-red color and untrained hands put it not only on the lips but also with a wide belt around it. Makary had a very hard sleep that evening.