119

Błażej increasingly dared to pick up Makary from work. In the case of the hazel-eyed man, his colleagues at work recognized him without any problems and never spared each other the opportunity to joke, or rather to commiserate over how charming a couple they were. When he came to the restaurant, some waitresses sometimes treated him harshly, but not without respect. However, he was happy when he met Genowefa, who in turn adored him because they shared a similar passion and always exchanged comments on progress, materials and patterns.

That day, however, they had no time to talk, they just said hello. It turned out that on that day, the film crew, of which Jola was a part, decided to celebrate the end of work on the set in a restaurant on her recommendation. Błażej remembered that Makary had mentioned that he might finish the work with a slight delay.

He didn't mind waiting, they didn't have reservations anywhere and wouldn't have to be anywhere on time. They just wanted to go to the newly opened cat cafe that was causing a sensation in the city. Błażej was only happy that he would be able to spend time with his beloved and that he would see him soon. Jola noticed him and approached him when he tried not to be too conspicuous. She hugged him warmly, grateful for a break from the noisy crowd.

"Now I regret that I suggested this place, but it was close and let's be honest, the food is delicious," she said. "Are you going somewhere with Makary?"

"Yes, we have to go to this new cafe," Błażej replied, fighting against blush.

"The one with the cats?" the woman asked curiously. "Great, let us know your opinion, we were thinking about taking the kids there. But I'm not sure if these animals will be able to accept so much love from girls."

"Definitely. A lot of you came here, I had no idea that so many people worked behind the scenes of the film."

"Yes, we are often forgotten. It's just a pity that our brightest star, as usual, has to be late and make a grand entrance." Jola rolled her eyes. "I hope that I will not have to work with him again, although I wish him happiness and success in his future career."

"Oh yes, I remember you saying it was a difficult case." Błażej nodded and gave her a comforting smile.

They had been talking for a long time. Jola reported to him what interesting things were happening with the children, although she and Makary were up to date on the topic. He liked hearing it though, it made him feel even more like a member of their family. Błażej took advantage of the fact that Jola was not willing to go back to her friends at the moment, assuring him that such events would not end soon and that he would spend enough time with these people.

He complained a bit about how his life was completely different since Sylwia had moved in with them a few weeks earlier. He had nothing against it, Krystian discussed it with him, and asked for his opinion and besides, he liked the girl very much, but something pricked his heart and he was thinking more and more often about not taking up Makary's offer. He didn't know how to bring up the topic again now that he had opted to take his time.

He also boasted that he had finally found enough courage to defy his parents and demand open contact with his younger sister when she had already reached out to him first. She became more confident and he decided not to let him be deprived of the opportunity to build a good relationship with Basia. He noticed that Jola suddenly looked sour, but after a while a warm smile appeared on her face.