14

"What happened yesterday?" Makary asked, turning to the unexpected visitor. "You mentioned there was a bit of it."

"Well," Błażej muttered, smiling maliciously as if he was hiding some unusual secret. "Let's start with the bartender practically asking to pick you up from the bar because you were already so drunk."

The hazel-eyed man blushed and felt the need to explain that this was not his usual way of spending time. He did not want his interlocutor to think of him as a man who abuses alcohol, or as someone who goes out somewhere and cannot go home on his own. He cared about the opinion of other people, especially if he liked them.

"You actually slept all the way in the taxi, mostly on my shoulder," continued the student seriously.

"Sorry," muttered Macarius, frightened. "You should have woken me up or put me down."

"That was not a problem." Błażej shrugged. "Nobody will be worse on this point than my friend. Then you were saying that I was molesting you."

"Wasn't you?" the owner of the parrot tried to find out a bit more about the preferences of his interlocutor.

"Of course not. That's why it's good that you came across me because you would be an easy victim," the brown-haired man was indignant. "And finally you accused me of your broken heart."

"I'm sorry about everything," said Makary regretfully. "Hope you don't blame me."

"No, of course not," Błażej replied, staring into space.

The younger man wondered if he should also bring up the topic of that coffee from months ago, but wasn't sure if he was ready to talk to a stranger about it. He felt it would be fitting, to tell the truth, despite his fear of Makary's reaction. However, he wondered many times what was the basis of that invitation. Mere courtesy as an apology, but what if there was something more behind it?

"I have glimpses that I asked you another question and I only remember that I did not like the answer." Makary resumed the conversation after a long silence.

"Yes," said Błażej. "You wanted to know why I didn't agree to that coffee then. I didn't think it was still bothering you. Why was it so important?"

"I had an ulterior motive." The hazel-eyed looked away for a moment, afraid to admit it. "I wanted not only to apologize, but to make it too, can not immediately date, but a meeting. And of course, I understand if you prefer girls..."