Catching Up

"Mi amor, there is a boy here for you!" Alex called from the door of the Kestrel's communal home.

Sausage made his way downstairs, confused, he wasn't expecting anyone just yet, the Herons had just left after being told about the baby so it wasn't one of them.

"Hola papá, mucho tiempo sin verte (Hello Dad, long time no see)."

"Hermes! Mi hijo!" Sausage practically leaped forward and embraced the child, "I've missed you!"

Hermes hugged his father back, "I've missed you too! Dad and Liz had to go for a while suddenly so he teleported me here, a lovely lady called Alison pointed me here," he explained.

"Hermes! Hey bud!" Scott called from the stairs, "Been a while, three years yeah?"

"Oh hey Scott! Yeah, three years give or take. Dad and Liz say hi," Hermes pulled back and turned to face Alex, "Hi, it's nice to meet you, I'm Hermes!"

"Hi Hermes, I've heard about you, I'm Alex," the two shook hands.

"So are you also dating Papa?" Hermes asked after the four took seats in the lounge.

"Actually Herms, there's something I've got to tell you. We are engaged, as of very recently, I'm marrying Scott and Alex. Also, Scott is pregnant so you're going to be an older brother," Sausage explained, showing his ring to his son.

"Congratulations Papa! And I could tell about Scott, I could sense the energy of both him and Bub. Congratulations all of you! Does this mean I can confuse more kids on the mainlands when they ask about my parents and family?" Hermes chuckled.

"Oh absolutely!" Scott chuckled.

Alex smiled at the interaction, though he felt like he'd forced himself into an already existing family dynamic.

Hermes picked up on the mood shift, "If you'd have me, I'd love for you to be one of my parents. Dad's partner is like a mother to me so what's a few more parents?" He offered with a reassuring smile.

"Really?" Alex lit up, absolutely beaming.

"Definitely, especially since you three are having a baby! Do you know the sex or which of you is biologically related to them? Or should I keep that a secret?" Hermes's combination of godly magic was really coming in handy.

"Your dad's magic comes in handy yet again, go on then," Scott held out his hand.

Hermes took Scott's hand, tracing it with his fingers absently, "A girl. Papa's girl."

Alex kicked his feet excitedly, "Our little girl! Our darling little girl!"