7

Chapter 7 (Maybe, if it sounds like it, that’s okay...)

Late at night in early summer, the entire city is shrouded in a layer of slightly hot humidity. As a coastal city, you can always feel the salty flavor of the sea permeating the air every summer.

Jiang Lan rushed home just because of this smell.

When she entered the house, she realized that there was no light in the living room.

Jiang Lan is a little strange. Although she lives alone, Wen Zhi has been staying at her house these two days.

Go to bed so early?

As she thought, she tiptoed her trolley case to the entrance and changed into her slippers. Jiang Lan then opened the bedroom door, and it was also pitch black.

Just as she was about to close the door gently, she heard a desperate voice suddenly sounded in the darkness.

"You're back."

"Ah," Jiang Lan was so frightened that she screamed.

She immediately reached out and pressed the switch near the door. In an instant, a soft yellowish light lit up the entire room.

Jiang Lan looked at the person lying on the bed: "You scared me to death. You didn't sleep. Why didn't you turn on the light?"

"Because I'm experiencing a feeling," Wen Zhi said softly.

Only then did Jiang Lan notice that Wen Zhi was lying upright and quietly on the bed, with her hands folded on her lower abdomen, giving her a strange sense of peace.

"What do you feel?" Jiang Lan was curious.

"Some people are alive, but they feel almost like dead," Wen Zhi said dullly, staring at the ceiling.

Jiang Lan sat directly beside the bed: "Why, I just flew for a day, and you have seen through life and don't want to live anymore?"

"That's because you don't know what happened to me today," Wen Zhi said dejectedly.

Jiang Lan: "What's wrong with you?"

Seeing that Wen Zhi didn't speak again, Jiang Lan became really anxious: "Don't scare me. I just came home and I heard you say that you are going to die. What could make you want to die so much?"

It's not that Jiang Lan has a deep filter, but Wen Zhi is indeed the girl with the biggest heart she has ever seen.

Otherwise, she wouldn't be one of the best female pilots in the world.

Wen Zhi simply sat up and leaned her back against the head of the bed. After taking a deep breath, she recounted what happened at the flying conference today in the calmest tone.

"You mean you met Captain Gu at the aviation conference today, and then your aunt suddenly came. Not only did he help you buy sanitary napkins, but he also lent you his pants to wear."

At this point, Jiang Lan covered her mouth in disbelief: "Oh my god."

Wen Zhi was silent for a while, Looking up to the sky and sighing, she said: "You also feel very social, right? I have been lying here since I came back in the afternoon. I feel that life is all gloomy. I can't close my eyes. As soon as I close my eyes, I can clearly recall What happened today."

"Where are the pants?"

Jiang Lan suddenly asked.

Wen Zhi was stunned for a moment, her brows knitted together.

What?

Jiang Lan said excitedly: "Didn't you say that Captain Gu lent you his pants? Those are Advisor Zhou's pants. The flight attendant made a bet on how long his legs were before, so I can just measure them."