40

Chapter 40 (He loves it so much.)

The whole villa was noisy and noisy. Although the doors and windows were closed, the sounds from downstairs could still be heard clearly, including the sound of playing dice, the music played by someone unknown, and the screams after being punished. They are all enjoying themselves without any burden.

Only in this room, it was obviously silent and quiet, but it was also filled with indescribable excitement.

Wen Zhi lowered her eyelids slightly, and her long eyelashes blocked her sight, but the rapid heartbeat in her chest was about to break through and could not be concealed.

Although she had already guessed in her heart, it was like a person walking on the desert who saw an oasis early and wanted to hug it but hesitated because she was afraid that it was just a mirage and that it was her own. Fantasy can be broken at the first glance.

Now that she has truly arrived here, she hears his love from his own words.

All the events in the past turned out to be not just her wishful thinking.

But this did not relieve the burning in her heart. The fire in her chest was burning more and more intensely. The calmness and indifference she usually had was completely burned out at this moment.

She also longed for the person in front of her.

She wanted to tell him that she loved him from the bottom of her heart.

"Actually, I..."

Wen Zhi opened her mouth slightly and said in a low voice.

Advisor Zhou's throat tightened inexplicably, and his black eyes stared closely at her cheek. Even in the darkness, he could not see Wen Zhi's subtle expression clearly. At this time, he was also looking forward to her answer.

Suddenly, a ringtone interrupted what Wen Zhi was about to say.

Jiang Lan opened it.

Wen Zhi answered the phone and heard Jiang Lan ask anxiously: "Zhi Zhi, are you okay?"

"What's wrong with me?"

Wen Zhi asked in confusion.

Jiang Lan breathed a sigh of relief: "I see you haven't come back from going to the bathroom for so long. I'm afraid something might happen to you. After all, there are so many people here."

No wonder Jiang Lan is worried , although everyone present knows each other people.

A lot of harassment often happens between acquaintances, so she must be on guard against others.

Jiang Lan knew that Wen Zhi was not a good drinker and asked, "Do you want me to come up to you? Let me tell you, sometimes the most important thing to be wary of at such gatherings is acquaintances. There is no chance that someone will want to take advantage of you to drink. Liquor, they lied to you when you were unconscious."

Wen Zhi and Advisor Zhou were so close that every word Jiang Lan said fell into  Advisor Zhou's ears.

Advisor Zhou: "..."

Even though he knew Jiang Lan wasn't talking about him, Advisor Zhou still felt like he was being pointed out.

"Zhi Zhi," Jiang Lan called again and said worriedly, "Are you still in the bathroom? I'll come up and find you."

Wen Zhi quickly said: "No, no, I'll be down right away."

Jiang Lan felt relieved.

When Wen Zhi hung up the phone, the room returned to silence again.