Ch 40 - Calm Before Chaos

It was an early morning and everyone but Sekia was tired. Sekia not only got Lunch and Dinner with a hot steam bath. He got to sleep earlier than the rest.

But the reason everyone was up so early. That was what Aizawa was about to tell them.

Aizawa: Sekia try throwing this.

Aizawa threw a similar ball towards Sekia. One similar to the one used in their quirk apprehension test.

Aizawa: When you last threw it you got 409.43 meters. Let's see how much you've improved.

Mina: Woah! A skill growth test.

Sero: Maybe Sekia will get as high as Bakugous distance now! He got first place in the Sports Festival. He must have been training hard.

Tsu: YOU GOT THIS SEKIA!

Sekia looked at Tsu. This was the first time she had said anything to him in a while. She grew a red blush as Sekia looked down at the ball.

Sekia: {Hmmm. That... felt different. Though everyone must have trained hard for a moment like this. Then I need to show what I'm truly capable of. Under the restrictions of hiding my identity.}

Sekia threw back his arm and body. He used muscle augmentation as he felt his muscles heat up. He had tested it before and they didn't glow like Wolfram. So with the quirk enhancement device he found out they only glew when being enhanced.

Sekia threw the ball hard. With squirmy fingers throwing a perfect throw where he still put power into it even at the last touch with the tip of his finger. And with that the ball flew far. All the muscles quirks he had gained on top of his original strength causing massive and continuous boom around the ball. The wind causing a force that pushed many back, everyone looked in amazement. Even Aizawa was completely shocked but that shock turned into annoyance for multiple reasons as he looked down at the phone.

Aizawa: Bakugou throw this ball. {I can't believe he worked that hard. He's developed well ahead of his class. And... He held back when fighting me and Ectoplasm.}

Aizawa threw another ball at Bakugou as he looked confused.

Tokoyami: Wait Mr Aizawa. What was Sekias score.

Mina: YEAH! YOU CANT JUST LET HIM SHOW US THAT AND NOT TELL US!

Aizawa looked at the phone again in annoyance. The results completely ruined his assessment of the others and what he was going to say.

Aizawa: Bakugou...

Class 1A: PLEASE TELL US!

Aizawa looked back at the phone and his class. Then at Sekia with annoyance. Sekia didn't mind getting his score or not. He knew he improved and he didn't care how much. He had his own accrete assessment of himself. Though he was confused at why Aizawa looked annoyed at him.

Sekia: {What did I do?}

Aizawa: *Sigh* Fine. Sekia you got 2.13km

Class 1A: HOLY SHIT!

Midoriya: {That's incredible! If I was that strong then maybe... maybe... maybe they would still be alive.}

Midoriya had a down look as Ida looked at him. He was there both times when someone that seemed somewhat dear to him died. Ida was there to console him and be there as a friend. So he knows how watching that felt. Like they weren't putting in enough effort.

Bakugou: {THAT DAMN NOBODY!! I'LL SHOW HIM! I'LL GET 10KM!!} DROP DEAD!

Bakugou threw the ball hard as it went flying. A large explosion propelled it.

Aizawa: That's better...

Bakugou: SUCK O...

Aizawa: Bakugou you got 709.6 meters.

Bakugou looked at his score shocked. Sekia looked at his score completely shocked.

Sekia: {WHY DID HE GET SUCH A LOW SCORE?! Shouldn't he be a lot stronger by now? No maybe he neglected his basic training. Maybe it's just him. Because even if I just take my shadow quirk into account I still improved a lot in its use.}

And after everyone had a throw. Sekia realised something. Besides Midoriya who had got a lot better at using his quirk but didn't develop as much power in his throw. Everyone has maintained the same level of power. Sekia was shocked. He knew how fast quirks could grow and develop if extensively trained. He had helped and watched Sophia grow. Becoming the most powerful woman he knew. So why was everyone else so slow and weak.

Aizawa: That's a lot better. Now that I have confirmed it after having our... outlier. {Sekias quirk must have grown a lot in terms of its physical prowess. I wonder what training he was doing in secret.} You have all made great progress in terms of experience. But that growth is primarily emotional and technical. Now the time has come to focus on physical advancement as well. As you can see your quirks have only improved marginally at best. So starting today, we will focus on upgrading your quirks. You will be pushed beyond your limits. So try not to kick the bucket.

Aizawa had a devious smile as he had everyone directed to their personally set up torture. Sekia was pulled to the side.

Aizawa: Sekia. Well done on improving so much. It was honestly the most impressive thing I've seen from you.

Sekia: Well thank you very much sensei!

Aizawa: But what training did you do? I know it must have been physical because of the power you just showed. But Shadow Demon has its shadow part as well as its physical enhancement. Have you trained in that aspect?

Sekia: YEP! Like a model student should! I've focused on everything I thought needed improving and excelled in it.

Aizawa was bewildered by Sekias exceedingly happy attitude. But underneath he was completely disappointed in what should have been his peers.

Aizawa: I honestly don't know the point of this training camp for you then since you've done a great job. Just relax or observe others training. Even help them if you think you can. Good job problem child.

Aizawa walked off. Genuinely proud of how far Sekia had come in such a short period of time. 1st year was a year that he had seen the most growth throughout all the years he taught and he had never seen growth quite like Sekias.

Sekia: Relax? {What should I do though?}

Sekia just stood there before wondering around. Looking at the students from both class 1A and B training. Though class B didn't have any quirks he believed necessary. And the quirks he did want to train he couldn't. So when the sky turned dark and the moon started coming out and he's confirmed everyone was having fun. Not paying attention to him he slowly faded into the background. And like an extra that didn't even have a name Sekia disappeared.

Reappearing in the forest where Kurogiri and Jin waited.

Kurogiri: Let's hurry Master Sekia. I've told everyone and reminded Shigiraki but when I told him he seemed very agitated.

Sekia: {*Sigh* This child.}

Jim quickly measured Sekia and looked underneath his shirt. A clone of Sekia coming from Jin as both Sekias now faced each other.

Sekia: You know what to do.

Sekia: Act as a model student. Don't get to involved with the attack and dodge any attacks due to my weaker than normal body.

The clone then disappeared in a shadow as it went back to camp.

Jin: I'VE NEVER SEE THAT HAPPEN BEFORE! IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!

Kurogiri: I'll quickly drop Jin off then and then take you to your desired locations master Sekia.

They all quickly disappeared. Leaving the forest empty as a wind whispered in between the trees.