Ch 55 - You Aren't Heroes

Nighteye looked at Sekia holding Eri who fell asleep and Overhaul who was sat on a chair unconscious with quirk cuffs on. Nighteye was angry. Really angry. Nighteye went to slap Sekia but Sekia caught it by the wrist as he carried Eri with one hand.

Sekia: If you try to touch me. I'll break it.

Nighteye slapped his arm away. Holding his sore wrist as he looked in anger. Sekia was not light in his grip.

Nighteye: WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT HE COULDN'T BE CHARGED AS A CRIMINAL! THERES NO SOLID EVIDENCE OF THE CRIMES HE'S COMMITTED! WHY DID YOU COMPLETELY IGNORE MY ORDERS!

Sekia looked at Nighteye shouting at him. Sekia did his best to try and cover up her ears so she could sleep. But doing that with one hand was difficult. Eri, turning in Sekias arm.

Sekia: Child cruelty which will include assault, ill treatment, neglect, emotional abuse. Given the needle pricks she was used as experimentation. If this girl isn't solid evidence you would have never arrested him.

Sekia bluntly pointed out.

Nighteye: EVEN WITH THE GIRL HE STILL HAS COMMITTED OTHER CRIMES WE CAN'T CATCH HIM FOR NOW! MURDER! DRUG DEALING! HE COULD HAVE SO MANY MORE CRIMES WE CANT CHARGE HIM FOR WITHOUT MORE EVIDENCE!

Sekia: With her we can get a warrant to raid wherever she ran from. We can charge them with what ever illegal drugs, equipment or other evidence we find. Letting her go back with him would have been ethically and morally wrong. Anyone that hurts a child would only do it more when they cause a problem. If we let her go back he would have beaten her and maybe ever killed her. I was not going to let that happen to her.

Mirio and Izuku looked down. They thought they were doing the right thing thinking of the big picture. But they couldn't help but feel like in that moment Sekia was more of a hero than they were. Only thinking about saving who needed to be saved at that moment.

Nighteye: HE STILL WONT GET AS NEARLY A LONG SENTENCING HE SHOULD HAVE!

Sekia: But we would have save the Eri. {Plus he's not going to experience Tartarus for long. If at all. Unless ghosts are real.}

Nighteye: YOU! {YOUR JUST LIKE HIM! YOU DONT CARE WHAT I SAY AS LONG AS YOU GET TO SAVE SOMEONE!} Pass the girl.

Nighteye went to grab Eri as Sekia backed away. Glaring at Nighteye with the intent to kill.

Sekia: You even attempted to touch her and I'll tear you apart.

Izuku: Sekia...

Sekia: I'm serious. I'll kill you all if you try to touch this child!

Sekia emanated a thick bloodlust that caused everyone to shake and back up in fear. They had never seen him so angry. Especially Izuku. This was completely different from the Sports Festival. This was pure rage. All to try and protect Eri. But when Eri started to shake while asleep the bloodlust disappeared. Sekia held her gently and rocked her smoothly.

Sekia: It's ok. It's ok. I'm still here. Shhhhhh. It's ok.

Everyone but Eri and Sekia were still shaking some confused on how quick Sekia could change up.

Izuku: Sekia we just want to help her. We will take her to the hospital. Have her get checked to make sure she's okay. Then have her tell everything she's experienced so we can send Overhaul to prison for good. {I've never seen Sekia like this. Is he okay?}

Sekia: I'll take her there. You finish dealing with that... thing.

Sekia said referring to Overhaul. Sekia walked away. Heading towards the nearest hospital.