Ch 59 - A New Occupant

Sekia and Eri were holding hands as Sophia opened their door and they welcomed her to their home. Sekia was granted temporary leave as he informed Nezu of his situation. As the days went by and Sekia and Sophia did some remodelling. They had finished making Eris room. Turning their previous empty room into a room perfect for a child. A single bed in the corner with a nightlight beside it. A small book case that currently had 10 books in. A white desk matching the new painted walls. A custom hanging board on the outside of the door saying "Eri's Room" and some toys and an IPad.

But just because she had her own room, didn't mean she slept alone. In the middle of the night screams had Sekia quickly jumping out of bed and by her side. Staying up all night if he had to. Reassuring her that Overhaul was gone and it was safe to sleep. Gently holding her hand as she would drift off back to sleep with Sekia there. Saying gently, softly and quietly "It's ok. I'm here. I'm going to stay here with you." Sophia sometimes watched as she saw Sekia trying to do his best to be a great parent. Those nights Sekia would spend the entire night by her side to make sure she was ok. Sekia promised himself he would do right by her. Being nothing like his parents.

Sekia decided to home school her on his break. He thought about school but she didn't seem ready yet. Sekia teaching her as much as he could. But not like Garaki and All for One taught him. There were constant meals in this house and no punishments. Instead Sekia learned. Learning Eri really liked apples. So as a treat for doing well in her studies she would get an apple based dessert. And if she did good the whole week she would get something really special.

Eri had fun learning. Though she found it strange some of the things Sekia taught. Hand to hand combat, DIYS of weapons, and basic quirk knowledge. All on top of her basic education. She found some of the stuff he taught hard, though that didn't stop her from enjoying the lessons.

Sophia while Sekia wasn't there took care of Eri. Both had been doing a lot less villain work as they made sure to put Eri first. Sophia enjoying her time with Eri. Taking her shopping though at first she found this overwhelming as there were so many people around. So they went to the ice cream place Sekia and Sophia first went to. Eri enjoying the cold treat much like Sekia did. Sophia smiled at the comparison. Sophia also helped control Eri's quirk. Sekia also helped with this and made a breakthrough himself. Realising something about his own quirk while teaching Eri.

And that's how the days went by as Eri was fully integrated into their everyday lives.

Sekia: Eri, have you done your timestabes?

Sekia looked at Eri who was wiring on a piece of paper at their dining table.

Eri: All done.

Eri handed Sekia a piece of paper. They weren't all correct but she got 70% correct. A great mark in the eyes of Sekia.

Sekia: 1 times... 7.

Eri: 7.

Sekia: 9 times 5.

Eri: 5... Forty... Five?

Sekia smiled.

Sekia: Well done. Last one. 7 times 4.

Eri: 7... 14... 20 and 8. 28!

Eri shouted out.

Sekia: Well done! You learn so fast! You would think you have a quirk for it.

Sekia slowly gave Eri a head pat as she seemed happy. A small red blush on her face. Though there's one thing Sekia nor Sophia had seen from her yet. And that was a smile. But Sekia knew better than anyone that was normal. She needed time to recover from what she went through.

Eri: Could I ask you a question?

Eri looked up at Sekia as he knelt down to her level.

Sekia: Anything.

Eri: Why are you and Sophia villains?

Sekia wasn't ready for that question. They told her about it because it was all but impossible to hide it from her considering she now lived here. And neither Sekia nor Sophia wanted to lie to Eri. They needed to be honest because if she found out another way thing might have gotten bad. But when Sekia told her they were villains Eri didn't seem phased. She wasn't scared of him or Sophia. At the time she just said "ok."

Sekia: Hmmm. Well I guess Sophia's a villain because of me.

Eri: Then why are you a villain?

Sekia looked at Eri. She seemed curious but not scared. It kinda relieved Sekia that she wasn't scared of him.

Sekia: I... had a similar childhood as you. But no one nearly as nice to take care of me. I was homeless and then nearly killed. A doctor said I was actually dead so yeah. Then I was raised to just kill. I don't really have a reason. I just chose to stay loyal to the person that thought I would be of use to and also because that was better than being abused and homeless. And then as I grew up and saw that person differently. Especially now... I see him differently... like...

Eri: A parent?

Sekia: Yeah. Kinda like a parent.

Eri: Also did you complament yourself in your explanation?

Sekia: Maybe... but it's compliment. No A but an I.

Eri: Oh. Sekia do you like what you do?

Their red eyes looked at each other.

Sekia: Not particularly. There are fun moments. But it's kinda a reverse clarity moment.

Eri: What's that?

Sekia: Hmmm... Feeling bad while doing it but getting a rush afterwards.

Eri: Oh. Will you stop?

Sekia: Probably. That's part of the plan anyways.

Eri: Then I'm going to help.

Sekia was completely surprised by what Eri said almost taken back by it. But he didn't want Eri to go down his bloody path.

Sekia: No no no. Your...

Eri: Not as a villain. But I'm going to heal as many people as you hurt.

Sekia: What?

Sekia was confused by what she meant.

Eri: As you said. I'm going to help people. And help you get rid of all your badness by saving people. You're a hero too so you've already got rid of some of your badness! You just need to save more people to balance it out!

Sekia looked at Eri and gently hugged her. Eri hugging Sekia. Confused on why he was giving her a hug. But she liked the hugs he gave. He was warm and comfortable to hold. His hugs were always soft.

Sekia: {It doesn't work like that. But thank you for the thought. But there's no balancing out what I'm going to be responsible for.}

Sophia: Hey, what's happening over there?

Sekia: Nothing. I was just doing maths with Eri.

Sophia: I thought you were doing combat training today?

Sophia said from the kitchen.

Sekia: Yeah but tomorrow we're going somewhere special. So I put maths over combat.

They parted the hug as he looked down at Eri. Gently rubbing her head.

Eri: Are we really going?

Sekia: Don't worry. I promise it will be fun. And if it's not.

Eri: You'll take me to the ice cream store.

Sekia: Exactly!

Sophia: Well dinners ready you two.

Sekia & Eri: Coming!

Both Eri and Sekia stood up in the same motion as they walked to the kitchen to grab their food. Watching TV as they ate.