Chapter 92

Action.
A lot of action.

    That helped define a quality fight. The more action and violence, the better.
Blood. Attacks. Defenses. Powers.

      Those could work, though a majority of fights usually had actual action. Now, how in the flying frick was Russia gonna pull that off without hurting Ukraine? Maybe he could just keep on dodging until she called it quits. It may be boring on her part, and maybe even dangerous for him. Though, what other option did he have besides refusing?

   And even then, it wasn't absolutely mandatory to issue an official Duel to fight anyway. It was merely etiquette, Russia believed. It gave a sense of civility, somewhat. Though on the contrary, some countries may act completely bestial if permitted and if the fight dragged on with increasing intensity.

         Russia wondered if he was just overthinking it. He hoped so. Maybe it was just a rumor, inside he heavily doubted that was true. When was his luck ever that good?

       She didn't know that he cared, Russia knew that very well. He was downright awful at expressing himself in a way that was positive. Most of the time, anyway. He hardly got much practice, in his defense. Russia was normally too busy fighting other countries who picked a bone with him for whatever reason. From 'being aggressive and hostile' to 'affiliating and manipulating other countries'. He'd heard them all.

     Russia couldn't help but think, that if others were so convinced that he was being 'manipulative' why didn't they try to persuade the Commie Homies of how 'dangerous' he was, as they've always claimed?

     Did they also think his friends were too dumb to notice if there were strings attached? In Russia's opinion, they had a heightened sense of knowing when something like that was happening.

     Was it possible that Ukraine heard those same things and believed them, strengthened with the occurrence of the invasion? What set him apart from other countries that made him seem so... threatening to others? Was it his belief? History? Leader?  

    No. The countries each had different beliefs, history, leaders, etc. But... they shared some similarities. Some had the same allies and enemies.

     It didn't matter. He adapted to the world's unreasonableness for his family, his friends, and then for himself, his sanity needed it.

     He must've gotten the characteristic resilience from the Soviet Union. No one really liked him, though it was rumored, of course, that America may have had some shred of respect for the broken superpower, as meager as it was. The thought of the USSR brought him back to Ukraine.

Ukraine wanted to fight. In a "Duel". Yeaaaah, no. He wasn't saying yes to that.

      It'd be crazy. Against a  brother-moral-code, if it even existed. Even if that wasn't important, why would he want to fight her? It was equivalent to throwing away the times and memories of when they did get along.
     Not that he had a choice, now memories were out the window, along with Russia's hopes and dreams. R.I.P those.

     "What's the point of being a Countryhuman when all your entire life you're stuck with problems you're expected to solve and yet, it does nothing to help the country or its people..."Russia thought, thinking about Ukraine. There was no way she believed that fighting him now was going to change anything, right?

    It was like saying that if a Countryhuman decided to give up their Powers, then it'd magically make the humans give up their military. Not happening. Nothing they did here was going to affect Earth.