Chapter Ninety-Three

After her conversation with Crowley, she knew better than anyone that this was his last straw. Speaking to her as if they were the best of friends and she betrayed him just made her uncomfortable at the end of the day, but she was glad that she made her point and glad that that part was over with and done. Now, though, she knew Crowley had to have sold her out.

    She was right. Because as she took a long swig of the whiskey that had no effect on her, she glanced over in time to see him. To see her husband. Right after him followed Dean, both looking at her with a look of desperation.

    She chuckled softly to herself, looking back down at her glass and picking it up gingerly. "You're missing one," she voices, taking the last of the whiskey and swallowing it.

    "We know," Dean answered gruffly, his voice dripping with annoyance. Sam stood by silently, his eyes never leaving Cielo's face. The bar felt heavy with tension, like a storm was about to break. "She's with Stella."

    Sam's jaw clenches as he fought to keep down his own emotion. But looking at her, taking in her appearance and the fact that she was right in front of him... his heart ached. There was a time when all he saw was the love of his life and a future with her, now he couldn't even recognize who she was.

    Cielo hums, not surprised, and glances back at them. "Crowley sell me out?" She questions, setting the glass down.

    "Something like that," Dean grumbles, crossing his arms over his chest. Sam shifted on his feet, still not being able to find his voice as he watched her every move.

    Cielo huffs a laugh, leaning against the table. "Sounds about right," she mutters. "I would've thought you all took the hint to let me go," she says. "Thought I made it quite clear."

    "You know we can't do that," Sam finally spoke up, his voice betraying the way he was trying to stay strong. "You left us, you left our daughter."

    "I told you," she says, "to take care of your daughter."

    "You really think we can just let you go?" Sam replied, his frustration starting to show. "You were my wife!"

    "I was also living happily as a housewife," she shrugs, not fazed by Sam's words like she would've been if she could find it in herself to even care. Cielo sighed, grabbing the First Blade and ready to just get on with it and kill them both and get on with the rest of her demonic life.

    "You don't wanna do this," Dean says, taking a step back with a hand on Sam's shoulder.

    "Look, we know how to cure demons," Sam said, not moving an inch because he knew, deep down, Cielo would never lay a finger on either of them. "You remember that?"

    Cielo rolled her eyes, walking past them to the bar with the blade hanging in one hand and her whiskey glass in the other. "Yeah, yeah. Little Latin, lotta blood, I know," she scoffs, making it to the bar and setting the blade beside her. "Did you ever stop to think that if I wanted to be cured, I wouldn't have left?" She questions, grabbing the bottle of Jack and untwisting the cap.

    Dean glanced at Sam, sharing silent thoughts. Sam ignored him, taking a step forward, her eyes never leaving her. "We can't let you hurt anyone," he said, his voice firm.

    She poured the drink into the glass, letting out a small laugh. "You really think you can stop me?" She taunted, taking a sip and turning back to face them "It wasn't Crowley who made me leave, it wasn't him who made me kill, it was all me."

    Sam looked conflicted, his love for her mixing in too much with his dedication to being a hunter and a protector. "There has to be something we can do," he insisted. "We can't just ignore this."