I'm LGBTQ+ ¡ Val [Inside out 2]

Pov Nobody

Pov Nobody

Y/n nervously tapped their fingers on the edge of their desk, watching as Valentina Ortiz, captain of the varsity hockey team, strode confidently into the classroom. Val had always been the one everyone admired—confident, kind, and with that striking red streak in her hair that seemed to match her bold personality perfectly.

Y/n had admired Val from afar for a long time. They had always felt a connection to her, but never had the courage to speak up. Today, though, they knew they had to. They had been struggling with their identity for months, and Val seemed like the one person who might understand.

After class, Y/n mustered up their courage and approached Val. "Hey, Val," they began tentatively.

Val turned with a warm smile. "Hey, Y/n! What's up?"

Y/n took a deep breath. "I... I wanted to talk to you about something important. Can we, um, maybe grab coffee or something?"

Val nodded, concern flickering across her face. "Of course. Let's go."

They found a quiet corner in a nearby café, and Y/n hesitated for a moment before blurting out, "I'm... I'm LGBTQ+."

Val's expression softened, and she reached out to squeeze Y/n's hand. "Thank you for trusting me with this, Y/n. It means a lot that you feel comfortable telling me."

Y/n felt a rush of relief. "I've been struggling with it for a while, and I wasn't sure how people would react."

Val smiled reassuringly. "You don't have to worry about that with me. You're still the same amazing person I've always known. Your identity doesn't change that."

Y/n felt tears pricking at their eyes. "I was scared you wouldn't understand."

Val shook her head gently. "I understand more than you think. And I'm here for you, no matter what."

As they finished their coffee, Y/n felt a weight lifted off their shoulders. Val's acceptance meant everything to them. They knew they had a friend in her, someone who would support them through anything.