Becoming a navigator ¡ Moana [Moana 2] • part 3

That night, Y/n struggled to sleep, her mind replaying the events of the day over and over

That night, Y/n struggled to sleep, her mind replaying the events of the day over and over. As she finally drifted off, her dreams took a dark turn. She found herself back at Attackers and Co, Te Fiti's offer hanging in the air like a storm cloud. The facility's corridors twisted and turned, leading her in circles, each path ending in a dead end. Te Fiti's voice echoed ominously, "You made a mistake, Y/n. You could have been part of something greater."

In another part of the dream, Vaiana appeared, her face a mixture of hurt and confusion. "Why did you leave, Y/n? We needed you." The dream twisted further, showing scenes of their friendship strained by unspoken tensions. Y/n saw herself struggling to keep up with her duties, feeling inadequate and overwhelmed.

Suddenly, Y/n was back at the dock, but everything was different. The boats were gone, replaced by wreckage and debris. She frantically searched for Vaiana, only to find her struggling to navigate a boat through treacherous waters, the waves crashing around her. Y/n tried to help, but her movements were sluggish, like she was underwater.

"Why did you retard your progress?" a voice whispered. "You've made your choice."

Y/n woke with a start, her heart pounding. The nightmares had felt so real, leaving her with a lingering sense of dread. She couldn't shake the feeling that her decision had set something terrible in motion. Moana and her father, Tui, were busy preparing for the company's annual volleyball game against Attackers and Co. The event was a major highlight, fostering team spirit and friendly competition. The court was being set up, and equipment was being organized as Tui discussed strategies with the team.

Vaiana approached them, looking excited but nervous. Moana noticed her and waved her over. "Hey, Vaiana! Just the person I wanted to see."

Vaiana smiled, though her nerves were evident. "What's up, Moana?"

Moana exchanged a glance with her father before speaking. "We've been really impressed with your work lately, especially your navigation skills. We think you'd make an excellent navigator."

Vaiana's eyes widened. "Really? That's... amazing. I never expected this."

Tui nodded in agreement. "You've shown real potential, Vaiana. We'd like to offer you the position officially."

Vaiana's happiness was palpable, but it was quickly tempered by concern. "This is a huge honor, but it means I'll be separated from Y/n. We've been working so closely together, and I don't want to leave her in the lurch."

Moana placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We understand, Vaiana. This is a big decision, and we want to give you the chance to talk it over with Y/n. We don't want to rush you."

Vaiana nodded, feeling a sense of relief. "Thank you, Moana. I'll talk to her as soon as I can."On the way to the volleyball game, the boat was filled with the lively chatter of Moana, her parents Sina and Tui, Vaiana, Y/n, Anna Ana, and Maui. The anticipation of the annual event was palpable, with everyone discussing strategies and recalling past games.