More than anything ¡ Riley [Inside out 2]

Pov Nobody

Pov Nobody

Riley leaned against the kitchen counter, staring out the window with a mix of frustration and determination. Y/n, her girlfriend, stood nearby, watching her with concern. It had been a tough conversation, one that had dredged up old wounds and fears neither of them had fully addressed before.

"Riley, please," Y/n pleaded softly, reaching out to touch Riley's arm. "I know you've been hurt before, but you don't have to go through this alone."

Riley turned to face Y/n, her eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and defiance. "You don't understand, Y/n. My family... they never supported my dreams. They always wanted me to follow their path, to fit into their expectations."

Y/n nodded understandingly, her heart aching for Riley. "I hear you, Riley. But things can be different now. We can make our own path, together."

Riley sighed, running a hand through her hair. "But what if I fail? What if my dreams are just too hard to defend against their judgment?"

Y/n stepped closer, gently taking Riley's hands in hers. "Riley, listen to me. I believe in you. More than anything, I want to see you succeed, to see you happy. Your dreams are worth fighting for, and I'll be right by your side, every step of the way."

Tears welled up in Riley's eyes as she looked at Y/n, overwhelmed by the love and support she felt. "Y/n... I'm sorry I've been pushing you away. It's just... I've been hurt so many times before."

Y/n brushed a tear from Riley's cheek, her voice filled with sincerity. "I know, Riley. And I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere."

Riley pulled Y/n into a tight embrace, holding onto her as if afraid to let go. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. "Thank you for believing in me."

Over the following weeks, Y/n continued to encourage Riley, helping her research opportunities for pursuing her dreams despite the doubts and resistance from Riley's family. They attended events together, Y/n standing proudly beside Riley as she pursued her passions with renewed determination.

One evening, as they sat on the rooftop of their apartment building, watching the city lights glitter in the distance, Riley turned to Y/n with a shy smile. "You know, Y/n, when I was younger, I didn't really understand what it meant to have someone truly believe in me."

Y/n intertwined her fingers with Riley's, her gaze soft and unwavering. "I'm grateful to be that person for you now, Riley. More than anything, I want to see you thrive."

Riley leaned her head against Y/n's shoulder, feeling a sense of peace she hadn't known in years. "I've been waiting for someone like you," she admitted quietly. "Someone who sees me for who I am, who supports me without conditions."

Y/n turned to look into Riley's eyes, her heart swelling with love. "Looks like the universe finally got it right," she murmured, leaning in to kiss Riley gently.

In that moment, as they held each other under the starlit sky, Riley knew she had found not only a partner but a soulmate who understood her deepest fears and hopes. Together, they were ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, knowing that their love and belief in each other would guide them through.