Chapter 5 (stop flirting with my sister!)

I love writing this story! I have so many ideas for this story!

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

Waking up at 7 AM today really was a struggle. After work yesterday, I went straight to the gym for a few hours to work out. I even forgot to eat dinner! Me, Xia Yao, who loved food to death, forgot to eat. That had never happened before!

So I over-slept today. It was 07:30 AM right now and I was supposed to leave the house in 10 minutes, so I would arrive on time. Now I definitely was going to be late and Yuan Zong would probably embarrass me again like yesterday.

I bolted towards the bathroom and took a shower. After I was done, I quickly got ready and left the house. It was already 8 AM and I was 5 minutes late, when I arrived.

Going to my boss' office, I was nervous to go in.

"Come in." I heard him call. Huh? How did he even know I was there?

I shamefully walked in, keeping my head down and didn't say anything.

"You are late." He said monotonously.

"I know and I'm s-so sorry, s-sir. I-"

"First day at work and you are already screwing up..." He sighed, rubbing his forhead. That man, I swear...

"It will never happen again, I promise." I tried to apologize. Damn, he was a hard to please person, I could already tell.

"I doubt it, but we will see." I wanted nothing more than to slap him right now. Who did he think he was?! Yet I still composed myself to not seem rude. After all, I did screw up by being late. On my first day of work, too...

"Again, I apologize for being late and-"

"Save it, Xia Yao. Get working, there are a lot of e-mails waiting for you already." He interrupted me, without looking up. Damn, he really was pissed.

Turned out my office was actually in his office, too. He had a pretty big office and I never noticed that our offices were connected. That made the situation even worse for me. I had hoped that his office would be far away from me, but noooo. Luck never really was on my side.

I was rather quick with getting work done.

I wrote a few e-mails, answered a few phone calls and wrote a few letters to different companies, which we were going to cooperate with soon. Yuan Zong was stunned to say the least. He probably didn't expect me to be so quick or to even be good at this job. Take that, asshole!

So far, my first day at work wasn't so bad after all. I even managed to get my boss coffee, even though he didn't ask for it.

"Xia Yao?" I hear him call. Speaking of the devil.

"Yes?" I went to his office and sat down in the chair infront of him.

"You can take a break now." He said, without looking up. I looked at my watch.

"But I still have an hour left until break..."

"Go to break."

Not wanting to make him mad, I got up and left his office. Seriously, what was up with him!? He was so annoying!

Grabbing my sandwhich and bottle of water, I went over to Yuan Ru, since she was on break also and saw her writing something down, while eating dumplings.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, hey!" She didn't even answer my question, nor did she look up.

"Are you okay? You are on break."

"Oh, just making plans for my brother."

"You mean, boss?" She nodded.

"Why, is it his birthday soon or something?" She nodded her head, no.

"I'm confused..." I started to munch away on my sandwhich.

"I am making plans, to get him to date my friend." Why would she do that? Wasn't he man enough to do it himself? Probably not.

"Why are you doing all that?"

"My brother is 29 years old and has never been in a relationship or not that I know of at least. It's about damn time he settles down with a woman!" I could see the frustration in her eyes.

"Maybe he isn't ready to settle down yet..." I started.

"I am a beautiful woman and I wanna become an aunt while I'm still this beautiful. He needs to hurry up!"

"Maybe you should just let him figure it out on his own. I mean, he is an adult, owning a big company also. Maybe that's his first priority right now. You know, nowadays people are more interested in building their own career than to get married or have kids at a young age."

She sighed and stopped writing for a moment.

"Ugh, Xia Yao! You don't know how frustrated I am! I just want to see him happy! It's been years since I've seen him happy, probably when he was still in highschool!" Who would have thought my boss, who was acting all tough, was actually a virgin and had never been in a relationship, either. Definitely not me.

"As I said before, let him figure it out on his own." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Hey! I'm desperate, okay?" She pouted again.

"What about you? Can't you give him some advice? You must have a lot of girls waiting in line for you!"

"No, I'm sorry. It's not my job to play matchmaker. For my boss even!" Never in a million years. That man was better off alone, anyways. He would never be able to please anyone, with his impatience all the time. That man needed some serious help.

"Pleaseeeeee!!!!" She was begging me now, but I couldn't give in to her. I, myself, had never been in a relationship, either. I was a virgin too, but I didn't want to tell her that. She was basically still a stranger to me.

"No, I'm sorry, Yuan Ru. I will leave that to you." After that, she dropped the subject and we continued to eat and just talk. She was truly funny, even telling me embarrassing stories about her brother.

"One time, he walked in on me and my boyfriend, doing our thing, and I think now he is traumatized. He didn't let me see him for 2 months! How crazy he is, right? Well, it was our fault too. We shouldn't have done it in the living room. Yuan Zong doesn't want me to move out, either, until I get married! He is very strict when it comes to boys or my relationships in general." She just shrugged, probably used to it already. I started to laugh so hard. She really had no shame in telling me all this.

"I can tell..." I continued to laugh. Bless Yuan Ru, I hoped she made him mad more often. Now that would be something I would want to see!

"Hey! Stop flirting with my sister and get back to work. Now!" I heard Yuan Zong yell. What the fuck? He really thought I was flirting with her?

It sure was going to be interesting working for him...

He was probably going to make my life a living hell. (A/N: just wait and see... ) 😂😂😂

..............

Hope you enjoyed it!

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤