Chapter 59 (Open the door, Xia Yao!)

Hey, loves!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 108K READS! Like, oh my god! I never thought that this story would make it this far, honestly. And that's all thanks to you guys!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! ❤

Oh and I started writing a Grayson Dolan fanfiction (boyxboy) and it would make me happy if you'd give it a read, too. Thank you ❤

90 Votes and 15 comments for chapter 60!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share, please!

Xia Yao's POV

Today was one of those days, where I just wanted to lay in bed and do nothing at all. I rarely had such days, but when I did, boy was I lazy. And today was also the last day of work, before I had two weeks off of work. Yuan Zong didn't, though. He could, if he wanted to, but he chose against it. Which made me mad. I was so looking forward to spending more quality time with him, but he had work to do, like always. He knew I would be mad and he apologized for it a few times, but I just brushed it off. So here I was, lazily typing away on my computer and finishing off the last few e-mails I had left, before work was finished. I must have been so caught up in work, that I didn't notice Yuan Zong entering my office, him now standing in front of me.

"Hey, look at me." He said and kneeled down, placing his hand on my chin and gently lifting my head.

"What do you want?"

"Don't be mad, Xia Yao. You know I can't just leave the company to go enjoy myself for a few weeks. A lot of work needs to be done and after all the work has died down, only then I can take some time off." He said and I looked away from him.

"Then I don't want to, either. I will just continue work." I replied blunty.

What was the point of me taking time off of work if I wouldn't be able to see my man at all?

"No, you won't. Enjoy your time off, Xia Yao. You need it." He said in a serious tone, but I wasn't having it.

"No."

"Xia Yao..."

"What? You can't tell me what to do. If I don't want to take time off of work, then I won't. Simple as that."

"Listen to me for once, god damn it!" I flinched at his tone. He rarely raised his voice at me, so this really threw me off guard.

"I'm sorry, love. Come here." I didn't look at him, giving him the cold shoulder. He pecked my lips and put his arms around me, lifting me up. I didn't expect that, so the only thing left to do for me, was to wrap my whole body around him and holding onto him, tightly.

"I love you, yeah? And I promise I will spend plenty of time with you. I don't want you to stress yourself, you do need a break-"

"But so do you!" I cut in. I was tired of hearing it. He was the one that needed a break from everything, he was the one who was stressing himself out and he was defintely the one who needed time off of work.

"Don't interrupt me, Xia Yao. Just, take it easy, alright? Take time off whenever you want. I won't force you." He sighed and kissed my forehead. We were still standing in the middle of the office, wrapped up in each others embrace. I pressed my forehead against his and nodded.

"I'm worried about you, Yuan Zong. This constant stress is not good for you, you need fresh air and time away from everything." I whispered.

"Hey, it's fine. Don't worry about me, alright? It's nothing I can't handle."