Chapter 43 (My handsome man)

I hope you enjoy chapter 43, loves!

25 Votes and 6 comments for chapter 44!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

I was helping my mother prepare dinner right now, the tension was really high for some reason. I felt like she was avoiding to interact with me the entire time. Yuan Zong was still at work and I was getting quite worried. I didn't want him to stress too much, he was working until midnight most of the time. Every day. He claimed that he was used to it, after several years, but I didn't want him to get used to it, it was very unhealthy.

"Can you pass me the ginger, son?" She didn't even look up from the vegetables that she was chopping and I sighed, passing her the ginger.

"Mother... how are you feeling? You must be really upset, because of the incident and the loss of our house-"

"Don't be silly, now, son. I am perfectly fine and the insurance is going to pay for everything anyways. As long as no one got hurt, I am fine. Now go and wash the dishes for me, will you." She just said and went over to the sink to wash her hands. I sighed, not believing her in the slightest.

"By the way, I won't be home tomorrow. I am going to visit your aunts friend in the hospital, with your aunt. Remind me to buy her a present and some flowers, will you." I sighed and nodded. She went out a lot more lately and I was getting quite worried.  I knew she was doing it, to distract herself from something. I just needed to figure out what it was.

"Do you want me to drive you there?" She shook her head.

"When is Yuan Zong going to be home?" My mother suddenly wondered, obviously trying to change the topic, while taking a sip from her coffee.

"Uhm, he should be home, soon."

"Tell him to hurry up, then. The food is almost ready." She scolded and I gaped at her. She's gotta be kidding me.

"Mother! I can't just tell Yuan Zong, my boss, to hurry up!" I blushed a little. He was my boyfriend.

"Watch your tone, Xia Yao." She scolded and went to a different room. Probably her room.

And just as I was about to turn off the stove, I heard the front door open, my man entering our home.

"Hey, baby." He came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and I leaned into him, placing my hands on his.

"Hey, how was work?"

"Stressful. Someone got the whole order wrong, so I had to take over and order everything, correctly this time, again." I sighed, suddenly feeling sad. I didn't want him to be so stressed out.

"I'm sorry..." I pouted and turned around, wrapping my arms around his neck. We had to be careful and talk quietly, in case my mother came downstairs and caught us.

"Don't worry about it, baby." He left a small kiss on the corner of my mouth.

I pulled him down by the nape and pressed my lips against his. I could literally kiss him all day and not get tired of it, ever.

"Where is mother Xia?" His hands went down my bum, squeezing it and I let out a quiet moan.

"U-Upstairs." I breathed out and he smirked, his lips now attached on my neck, peppering little kisses on there, causing me to shudder and let out small moans.