Chapter 46 (bad timing)

Hello, loves!

I'm so happy that you guys seem to like this story, it makes me want to continue writing this story for you guys! ❤

And also, CJD said in a wechat (groupchat) that AB is gonna get released soon, because it passed the trial, but they still have to wait for the official to decide the release date. So, soon, hopefully! I'm tired of waiting! (Cr: @/shengshiteam on instagram!)

Anyways... enjoy this chapter, loves! ❤

25 Votes and 6 comments for chapter 47!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

"Xia Yao, can you pass me the folder next to you, please?" Peng Ze asked me, while checking his text messages.

"Who are you texting, anyways?" I asked out of curiosity, handing him the folder.

"Just a chick I met at the club yesterday. Damn, she is hot!" I rolled my eyes at him, sighing. I shouldn't even be surprised at this point.

"You don't ever want to settle down, do you?" He shook his head.

"Not yet, at least. Gotta have some fun." He turned to me and winked at me.

"What about you?" I stopped typing on the computer for a moment and tensed up, looking away from him. Should I tell him or wait a little bit longer? I mean, surely he wouldn't be against it, since Zhi Shui and Da Yu were in a relationship with each other and they were gay.

"Uhm, n-no." I stammered out, feeling myself start to freak out a little bit. Maybe that was a sign that it was still too soon to tell him. It's been months, Xia Yao. I heard a voice say in my head, but I pushed it away. I wasn't ready to let him know about Yuan Zong and I, even though it was really unfair of me to not tell him, since he was my best friend. And also, Da Yu and Zhi Shui knew about Yuan Zong and I aswell.

"Ah, dang it." I ignored him and continued working.

"Is boss in a meeting right now?" I nodded.

"He is."

"Does he ever get a break? Like, damn."

"No." And that's what pissed me off the most. He never thought of himself, only thinking about his loved ones and work.

"Are you alright, Xia Yao? You seem very cold and distant..."

"I am." I really wasn't.

"Uhm, are you su-" He was interrupted by none other than Yuan Ru, who came running in, wearing a big smile on her face.

"Brother in-" I had to intrrrupt her, before she went any further and almost exposing Yuan Zong's and I's relationship. I couldn't let that happen.

"HEY! HOW ARE YOU?" I said loudly, on purpose. I must have looked so stupid.

I went over to hug her and she shot me a confused look.

"I am feeling quite wonderful today! I came to see my brother in-"

"He is in a meeting right now!" I hurriedly said.

"Uhm, I actually meant y-"

"Hey, Peng Ze? Go get me a coffee, will you? Thanks!"

"But you don't even like coffee-"

"Just go get me one, let's see if I have changed my opinion on coffee." I dumbly replied. I was so embarrassed. Why didn't I have the guts to tell my best friend, that I was happily comitted to Yuan Zong?