Chapter 30 (Jealousy)

Chapter 30! :)

Jealous Xia Yao is so cute! 😏

I know this chapter is short, but I'm saving the very long chapter for the "wedding" one, which will be VERY soon! :)

20 Votes and 6 comments for chapter 31! 💕

Vote, Comment, Share and Follow me, please! 💖

Xia Yao's POV

I was silently working away in my office, feeling more relaxed than the past few days. I felt like I could finally breath again and after a few days, I was finally able to look Yuan Zong in the eyes again. I was so embarrassed after the whole bar incident!

I heard a knock on my door, my boss walking in.

"I need you to sort those papers out for me, they are on my desk along with the files. Oh and call Peng Ze for me, alright?" He told me, his car keys in his hands. What did he need Peng Ze for? And his car keys? I had a weird feeling about all this.

"And why do I have to call him? I am right here, aren't I?"

"Just call him for me. Now." He demanded, but I still didn't give in.

"Not until you tell me why." I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up at him.

"It's none of your business, Xia Yao."

"I don't care. Now tell me. What are your plans with Peng Ze?" I was slowly getting angry. Why couldn't he just tell me?

He smirked at me. "No."

"It's not hard, is it? Stop being so secretive about everything." I rolled my eyes at him.

"I won't tell you, Xia Yao. Stop being so childish and dramatic here and just deal with it."

"Childish? Me? Ha, no. You are the childish one here!"

"Go call him. Xia Yao, this is the last warning..."

"Go call him yourself. See ya." I knew I was being disrespectful towards him, my boss, but I didn't care. And it's not like he wasn't used to my sassy remarks.

"I thought you hated me?" I heard him call after me. I stopped dead in my tracks. I certainly did not expect that.

"I-I... What are you on about?" I stuttered out.

"Shouldn't you be relieved I chose Peng Ze over you?" Relieved my ass!

"I am. But why did you choose him over me? Am I not a good enough or what?" This behaviour of mine was really ridiculous. But did I care? Not at all.

"Just forget it, Xia Yao." He sighed and looked away.

"What are your plans with Peng Ze anyway?" I changed the subject.

"I am taking him shopping with me. There. Happy?" That bastard did not just ask me if I was happy about it. I was in rage!

"Oh and you might need to take over his shift today, because of that." He added. Was he actually kidding me?

"Shopping? What for?" I asked, trying to act calm, when all I really wanted to do was rip his head off!

"For presents. I need to buy Kim and her fiancéé, Vivien, wedding presents. Can't go empty handed now, can I?" He smirked.

"But why do you need him to go with you, can't you go alone?"

"Maybe he can help me with the present. What is it to you, anyways? No need to be angry."

"But... we are going to the wedding and not Peng Ze." I couldn't believe I was really having this conversation with Yuan Zong.

"Says who?" Well, damn. I had to admit, I did feel hurt by it, but also angry. I was supposed to go with him and not Peng Ze!

"I say so! We were supposed to go present- shopping, that's what Kim wanted, too!" I was so angry at him and I didn't even care that I sounded like a complete child.

"And who exactly are you to decide that?" Ouch, that hurt. A lot.

"Peng Ze has bad taste anyway, do you really want to take him with you?" I couldn't believe I was saying this about my best friend. He didn't deserve that at all and I was such a nad friend for saying that. And yet I couldn't seem to stop, almost as if I wasn't in control over my words right now.

"We'll see. He does dress exceptionally well." He did not just say that.

"You really love to piss me off, don't you? Provoking me on purpose and making me jea- you know what? Just go and have fun with the amazing Peng Ze." I stomped out of his office and marched over to Peng Ze.

"Boss is calling you." I told him coldly.

"Jeez, did someone die or why are you in such a good mood?"

"Just go and have fun with Boss. But not too much." I said harshly.

I knew it wasn't Peng Ze's fault, but I was just so angry at the moment that I completely forgot that Peng Ze and I actually were very good friends. Instead I treated him like my worst enemy right now.

"Uhm... Alright? What is up with you, Xia Yao? Did something happen or why are you so angry all of a sudden?" I could clearly hear the worry in his voice.

"Nothing happened, I'm fine." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Doesn't seem like it, man. Are you feeling okay? If not, I can just take over your shift." He suggested.

"I- No. Everything is alright, Peng Ze."

"Are you sure, brother? You know you can talk to me, right?"

"Hmm. Seriously, it is nothing, really." I just said, avoiding eye contact.

"If you say so. But if you do need someone to talk to, I am just right down the hall, yeah?" I just nodded, giving him a greatful smile.

"You know what, he isn't actually calling you, I was just kidding." I added, fake-laughing in his face.

He sighed. "You confuse me, Xia Yao."

"Trust me, I confuse myself." I mumbled to myself.

Ever since I stepped foot into this company, my world was turned upside down by no one other than Yuan Zong himself.

When I first moved here, all I really wanted to have was a good job, that payed well, so I could pay the bills and still have a lot of money left.

I didn't ask for a boss that did nothing, but embarrass me the whole time, saying all these shameless things to me, but weirdly enough also cared about me.

I didn't ask for him to kiss me, me kissing back and craving his touch still to this day.

I didn't ask for Yuan Zong to start developing feelings for me.

I was aware of these games he was playing. He sure was a clever man, I had to admit.

I didn't even know why I was doing all of this, this was all so unlike me.

Why was I so mad at Yuan Zong for wanting to take Peng Ze, who was actually a good friend of mine, shopping with him, instead of me?

Why did I feel so hurt by his words? Rather wanting to disappear and never come back, than to hear those harsh words towards me ever again.

And why didn't I just tell Peng Ze the truth? That Yuan Zong really was calling him and that I wasn't actually kidding?

................

That's called being jealous, my love! 😏

Hope you liked it, guys! 😊

20 Votes and 6 comments for chapter 31! 💕

Vote, Comment, Share and Follow me, please! 💖