Chapter 13 (lunch...date?)

Chapter 13, some of you have been waiting for, the lunch date?!

3 Comments and 10 Votes for the next chapter!

I mean it! Been updating 6 times in a row basically, I need a break, coz my fingers hurt! ^^ 😂

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

I was almost finished with work, until I went out to lunch with Yuan Zong. Only 10 minutes to go. Since I had never had a serious job like this one before in my life, I didn't really know if that was professional of us to do. Were chefs and employees allowed to go out to eat together? What would my colleagues say if they found out? I had no clue. But, whatever. I was sure he wouldn't have asked me to eat lunch with him if it wasn't allowed, right? (A/N: or shall I say, date? 😉)

12 PM. Finally! I heard a knock on my door and Yuan Ru came in.

"Hey, Xia Yao. My brother sent me to tell you to wait in the parking lot for him." I just nodded, hoping she would have gone away after telling me that, so I could get ready, but noooo.

"You know, my brother has never done this before."

"Done what?" I asked confused.

"Going out to eat with his employees." Wait what, really?

"Uhm, okay?" I didn't really know what to say.

"You are a good guy, Xia Yao. I can tell how much Yuan Zong likes to have you working for him, likes you." I just nodded, not knowing what to say. I felt so awkward!

"Hey! Maybe you can talk him into getting a girlfriend, since you guys are basically friends!" She asked excitedly.

"Hold on for a minute. Forget it!"

"Ugh, pleaaaase?"

"No. That's his business. I just got the job, I don't wanna get fired anytime soon, you know." I knew how Yuan Zong felt about all that dating shit. People constantly pressuring you into dating other people, when you didn't even want to. My mum was the best example for that.

"Please. At least think about it?" I shook my head. No way.

"Excuse me, but I gotta go." I told her, grabbed my jacket and went out to the parking lot.

I waited for a few minutes, until Yuan Zong showed up, wearing casual clothing. Oh wow, I had never seen him in regular clothes before, only in suits.

He was wearing a beige/white sweater, brown pants and white shoes. What a nice combination, I had to admit.

(A/N: couldn't find a better pic, sorry)

"And, ready?" He asked me. I just nodded and smiled a little.