Chapter 10 (leave me alone!)

Here you go with chapter 10! :)
Little filler chapter!

Wattpad would not let me upload pictures for this chapter. I'll try it in chapter 11 again! Sorry!

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

I tried to avoid Yuan Zong at all costs this week. I was so embarrassed after he caught me lying to him a few days ago. I had never felt more ashamed in my life! But avoiding my boss turned out to be a challenge. A tough one, too! He always found ways to talk to me. Whether it was about work or about my private life. I was so annoyed with him!

I actually liked working there. At first. But Yuan Zong sometimes made me wish that I had never applied for his company at all. Yes, it was that bad. That's why I prefered to work with Yuan Ru and Peng Ze. They distracted me from that asshole of a boss at least.

And to make matters worse, I finally found out which girl Peng Ze was talking about. The one who apparently had a crush on me. Huan Lige was her name, I think. She was showing a lot of cleavage all the time. Only when she was near me, though. That's what Peng Ze told me at least. I was so annoyed with everything at the moment.

With my mum, work, Peng Ze for teasing me, Huan Lige and most of all, Yuan Zong. I was seriously so done with everything, I need a break. I was usually very determined when it came down to work business, but I just needed a break right now. From everything. I even considered talking to Yuan Zong about it. I had to, just to clear my head of everything for a bit.

"Hey, Xia Yao." I heard a voice call behind me, obviously trying to sound seductive, but failing. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Yes, Huan Lige?"

"I am on break right now, how about we go and grab a coffee together, hmm?" Hell no.

"No." She pouted.

"But Xia Yao! Please?"

"No. I have work to do." There was no way she was going to stop anytime soon.

"Surely boss wouldn't mind. Let's go." She tried to grab my arm.

"I already told you I can't, Huan."

"Then go to break early. Please, Xia Yao. For me?" She asked, a hopeful look on her face.

"No. I won't change my mind." I told her stubbornly.

"Xia Yao! We are going to have fun, please!"

"Leave me alone!"

I was probably too harsh on her, but I didn't really care at that moment and I just walked away.

"Xia Yao! In my office. Now!" Today really wasn't my day.

"Yes?" I asked in a bored tone. Not giving a shit.

"Care to explain what just happened outside?" I could tell that he was angry.

"Uhm, no."

"Tell me. Now!" He demanded, but I still didn't care and didn't give in.

"Privacy." I was in no mood to talk to him, I couldn't care less. He sighed.

"I know something is bothering you at the moment, Xia Yao. And you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. But sometimes it feels good to just let it all out, you know." Oh wow, was he really my boss at that moment and trying to be nice? That was a first.

"I can't tell you."

"No. You don't want to tell me." Looking away shamefully, I started to blush.

"And I'm not forcing you." He was about to walk out, but I stopped him.

"Wait..."

"No, I want you to be comfortable. Do not tell me your concerns until you are ready."

"I do..." I didn't know why I wanted to tell him. But maybe he was right. Talking to someone about your problems would maybe make me feel a bit better.

"How about you tell me tomorrow. Let's go out to eat, my treat. Somewhere out of work." I just nodded. Oh boy, I really hoped that it was going to end up good.

"Okay." I felt him lift my chin up.

"Smile." And I did.

"There. Much better." He smiled back.

It was a rare occurence to see Yuan Zong smile. He hardly ever smiled at work. Some people even told me that they had been working at Zong's enterprise for years, but they still handn't seen him smile or laugh at least once. It was hard to believe for me, since I had seen Yuan Zong smile quite a few times before and I still had to figure out why.

..............

Short little filler chapter for you guys! :)

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤