Chapter 84 (troubled past)

Yes, I'm alive. Hi, how are you guys doing? Tell me, I'm curious :)

I had the day off today bc it's a holiday here, so luckily I had time to update.

I attend classes from 7:30 AM to 4:15 PM and go straight to work after that from 5PM to 10 PM every day, so I don't even find the time to write:/ I wanna quit my job really bad bc I'm just not feeling well mentally and I really do need a break, but I really really need the money. I hope you guys understand.

Thank you, I love you. 💕

In this chapter you'll find out the reason for Yuan Zong's weird behaviour and why he's been oddly distant from Xia Yao.

Enjoy x

160 Votes and 50 comments for chapter 85!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share, please! ❤

Yuan Zong's POV

I rubbed my forehead, feeling frustrated. The pile of work ahead of me was huge, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. Nonetheless, I was still pretty tired and exhausted. I just wanted to go home, so I could catch up on all the sleep I'd lost over the past week. I wasn't sleeping well these days, too many thoughts were keeping me awake all the time.

I sighed, putting the folders I was currently working on, aside. I grabbed my phone, checking to see if I had received any messages. But there were none. I stared at my phone backround for good 5 minutes. It was a picture of Xia Yao. I took it while we were out shopping, back when we first started dating. I remember him hitting me jokingly, after he had caught me sneekily taking pictures of him, but it was so worth it.

 I remember him hitting me jokingly, after he had caught me sneekily taking pictures of him, but it was so worth it

My heart ached, when I thought of him. I must have hurt him so bad. Why was I such an asshole? I promised myself and him, that I'd always be there for him, that I would always love him. But all I had been doing lately, was hurt him. I wanted to tell him the reason, as to why I had been feeling like shit lately, but I didn't want to worry him. Knowing Xia Yao, I just knew he'd worry his pretty little head over it.

But communication was key to every relationship, right...?

I had to tell him, I just had to. He deserved to know. After all, he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Him and only him.

I need to find him. Right now.

He didn't show up at work today, which was understandable. I was pretty sure, that he was with Da Yu and Zhi Shui right now. They have been hanging out a lot more lately, which was good. At least they were good to Xia Yao, unlike me.