Chapter 1 (New Beginning)

First chapter of "A New Beginning", hope you guys like it!

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

I was so happy that my mother and I were finally about to move away, away from that asshole I called my father. I really hoped that we were going to be happy in our new home, especially my mother. She had a rough past couple of years and saved a lot of money, so we could move away and into a bigger house. I already got accepted as an assistant in a big company, which I was really happy about! It was going to be hard, but I was determined to give it everything I've got. The pay was also great (20.000 CNY), so paying the bills would not be a problem at all. I'd still have a lot of money left, too.

"Xia Yao, dear. Are you finally done?" I heard my mum call.

"Yes, mum. Soon!"

"Well, hurry up! Always so slow, my son...." I heard her mumble. That was true. I was often quite lazy, which was a bad habit of mine.

"There, done." I told her after like 10 minutes. All of my stuff was finally packed and I was so excited to see what our new home looked like and ready to go!

"Finally. After hours, my son finally managed to pack his things, which obviously wasn't hard, considering you don't even have that much stuff left, after donating half of them." Oh mum. Always so sassy.

"Alright, mum. Stop roasting me! And also, that was a good thing I donated them!"

"It is, I'm not saying anything..." She rolled her eyes at me and walked towards our car. Well, my car.

After a 3 hour drive, we finally arrived at our destination. Our new house in DongBei.

The house already came furnished and looked great, so we really didn't have to do much, but to unpack our things, clean a little and then maybe go groceries shopping. I didn't really want to re-decorate my room, either, since it already looked pretty good and I wasn't really picky. As long as it had a huge bed and a TV, I was happy.

"Alright, honey. We need to hurry up, I got invited to dinner by my longtime friend, who I haven't seen in a while." That meant I had to go groceries shopping, great. Note the sarcasm.

"Is it a man or a woman...?" I asked slowly.

"Xia Yao! How disrespectful you are! Of course it is a woman!" She scolded me, but I just laughed it off, went to my room and started to unpack my things.

After unpacking my stuff, my mum wrote me a list of things that I had to buy at the store. Conveniently, the supermarket turned out to be only a 5 minute walk away.

After picking up the last item, which was soy sauce, I accidently bumped into a tall man, who was probably around 1.90m, if not taller, dropping the soy sauce in the process. Damn it!

That man stared at me for around 10 seconds. How creepy, I thought. I immediately picked up the soy sauce and went to the cashier as fast as I could, avoiding eye contact with the man at all costs. Damn, he was creepy! I mean, who stares at a complete stranger for more than 10 seconds? He could have at least apologized for being in the way, or something.

Ugh, people.

..................

Short chapter, but don't worry. They will get longer! 😊

Hmm... who might that man be??
Oh, I know! ☺

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤