Chapter 88 (I wanna marry you.)

Hey guys!

Just as promised, here is the double update, so enjoy! 😊

What has been your favorite scene of this book so far? TELL ME! :)

160 Votes and 80 comments for chapter 89! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

The number you have dialed, is temporarily not available. Please try again later.

I sighed and hung up. This was the 5th time I had tried to call my mother, but to no avail. I was desperate to reach her and talk to her about this whole situation. I missed her so much and wanted her back in my life.

Didn't she miss me, too?

Didn't she want me back in her life?

Was I really such a disappointment to her?

Where was she even staying at?

And with whom?

I was just glad she still had access to my bankaccount, so money was no issue for her. I couldn't help but to keep worrying about my mother, even though she didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore.

I was supposed to meet Yuan Zong for lunch, he was currently out of the city for the launch of a new project. But he was going to be back in time for my lunchbreak.

"Hey babe, I'm back." Yuan Zong suddenly entered my office and pecked me on the lips.

"Oh, already? How did it go?" I wondered and walked over to him.

"It went well..." He mumbled as his eyes flickered down to my phone.

"Why is your mothers contact info open?" He wondered and grabbed my phone.

"You tried calling her again several times, didn't you?" He sighed sadly and pulled me into his arms.

Tears started streaming down my face again as I hid my face in his chest, breathing in his scent.

"I d-did. She probably blocked my number, though." I wiped my eyes and pulled back. He still had his arms wrapped around my waist and kissed my forehead.

"Try not to think about it too much, alright? She'll come around, I'm sure. Try to understand it from her point of view, too. She wanted a daughter in law and grandchildren. She's old fashioned, of course she's gonna be mad at first. There's nothing we can do now. Only time will tell."

I looked away from him and thought about it. He was right. Me calling her won't make her come back. I just hoped she'd come back. I am her son, why didn't she accept for who I was?

"Doesn't give the right to treat us that way, though. She can have a son in law and still have grandchildren. Where is she issue?" I groaned.

I was happy with Yuan Zong, wasn't that all that mattered? My happiness?