Chapter 38 (Boyfriends!)

Here is chapter 38 for you guys. Hope you like it! 😊

25 Votes and 7 comments for chapter 39!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

"Wake up, sleepy head." I heard Yuan Zong whisper, then laughing afterwards. I ignored it, still feeling sleepy and very exhausted after that long day we had yesterday.

"Nghh." I mumbled and pulled the blankets tighter around me.

"Baby, come on. I prepared breakfast already." Breakfast did not sound too bad right now. I did feel pretty hungry, but I did not want to get up. (A/N: relateable...)

"Tired. Sleepy." I mumbled into the pillow.

"Xia Yao. Get up, now." He warned.

"You know, I don't like this behaviour of yours." He added and sighed heavily.

"Cuddle?" I held my arms open, my face still tucked under the blanket.

"No. First eat and the cuddle."

"No. Cuddle first." I insisted and he sighed heavily, giving in.

"If you promise to get up afterwards..." I nodded, then noticed that he couldn't see it. So I pulled the blanket away from my head and grinned at him, holding my arms open.

"Kk." I giggled. He rolled his eyes and smiled fondly, going to lay down beside me. I immediately cuddled into him, tucking myself into his side and throwing a leg over his leg. He was rubbing my back, calming me down and kissing my head the whole time.

"Is my mother still asleep?" I wondered.

"No, she went to the farmers market." I looked up at him and stared at him for a while, admiring his handsome features. When he noticed that, he started to laugh and I blushed and looked away.

"Do I have something on my face or why are you staring at me like that?"

"You are just so handsome." I blurted out and immediately regreted it. That was not supposed to be said out loud. I blushed, when I saw him smirking at me.

"Is that so...."

"Hmm." I looked away from his intimidating gaze.

"Hey, hey. Look at me." He tilted my chin upwards and leaned his face closer to mine. I nodded, knowing what he was seeking approval for.

And with that, he sealed his lips with mine in a passionate and loving kiss. He pulled me on top of him, gripping my hips and pulling me forward, hugging me close.

"How about we get some food into that belly of yours?" He suggested against my lips, but I kissed him again to shut him up.

"No." He laughed and parted from me.

"Come on, now."

"Stay." I batted my eyelashes at him and cuddled further into him, not letting him go.

"You are lucky I love you." And with that, I smashed my lips against his again, smiling into the kiss.

"I am." I couldn't describe how I was feeling in that moment. I was so overjoyed to finally be with him, even though nothing was official. Yet. But just being able to hold him, kiss him whenever I wanted, made me want to burst out of happiness.

"You know we have to talk about us eventually, right?" I sighed and nodded, looking away.

"Do you regret this? Do you regret us?" I shook my head. Never. I've never felt more happy in my entire life, why would I regret that?