Chapter 29 (Zhi Shuis POV)

Chapter 29! 😊

I wrote this chapter short on purpose. I just wanted to give you guys a little insight in Zhi Shui's and Da Yu's relationship and characters, before everything really starts for them! ;)

Next chapter will have jealous Xia Yao, so get ready! 😏

Hope you enjoy it, loves! 😊

20 Votes and 6 comments for chapter 30! 💕

Vote, Comment, Share and Follow me, please! 💖

Zhi Shui's POV

"Babe? Have you seen my hat, the one with the- Oh my..." I heard my boyfriend, Da Yu, call me. I was now getting ready for an art convention, that I was going to attend in 2 hours. I really looked forward to it and hopefully it was going to be as successful as the last one, where I sold many of my paintings and people really seemed to enjoy my art, which made me very happy.

Da Yu and I had met at the police station 3 years ago. My friend at that time had gotten robbed, so I helped him report it to the police. I noticed Da Yu staring at me quite a lot, he wasn't even listening to what my friend was saying, so he had to ask him again. We ended up staying there for 3 fricking hours. After we were finished, my friend and I headed back home. I had to admit, I couldn't really get Da Yu out of my mind, either, his handsomeness drew me in immediately. So when we had gotten a call to head back to the police station, it wasn't because of the report we had made against anonymous, but because Da Yu wanted to see me. I was shocked to say the least, because no one had really been interested in me before. I hadn't really been in a relationship before, either, so when he asked me for my number, I was quite surprised and didn't know how to react. But after him literally begging me, I finally gave in gave him my number. You should have seen his face. He was so happy, it was such a precious sight to witness. Even to this day, I still didn't know what Da Yu saw in me.

"What?" He came up behind me, wrapping his arms around me from behind and pulling me close against him.

"Man, my boyfriend really is a sexy beast. How the hell did I get so lucky?!" I blushed at his words. Even after 3 years of dating, I wasn't used to him being so sweet and affectionate towards me.

"Can I please get ready now?" I said, unwrapping his arms from around me.

"I don't want you to wear that shirt, though."

"What, Why? What's wrong with it?"

"You wore that the first time we had met. It's a sweet memory of mine, that I only want to share with you and no one else." I was stunned to say the least.

"You... You actually remembered that? Even I had forgotten about it!"

"Of course I did. I remember everything about you. And now come here." He pulled me into his embrace and kissed the top of my head. I sighed, feeling content. Moments like these made me forget everything around me, stopped all the dark voices in my head and my only focus was on this handsome man in my arms right now.

"I love you, okay?" I just nodded and closed my eyes.

"Never doubt my love for you, please. Never." I loved how sweet and gentle Da Yu was with me, always making sure that I was happy and taking care of me, when he exactly knew I wasn't quite there yet.

"Da Yu?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, love?"

"Why do you love me?" I wondered, looking away. I had been dying to ask him that, because I just didn't know why.