Chapter 79 (I'm ready!)

Ahhh it's been so long since I last updated! Hopefully I'll be able to do a double update!! 💕

Been going through a very hard time, I know that's no excuse, but I really didn't feel like writing :/ But don't worry, I really love writing this story for you guys, it's not like I lost interest in this story or anything ❤

The advice that is listed below are mostly from my own experience, but I did find some imformation online aswell. I hope to be able to help some of you guys with this chapter who are struggling with depression and anxiety aswell. It get's better, I promise. ❤

I tried my best writing this chapter, I really hope you guys like this one, because it means a lot to me.

PLEASE: COMMENT and SHARE this chapter, this one's really important to me, especially because I can and I'm sure others can too, relate to it. So if you know someone who is struggling also, please show them this chapter! ❤

Zhi Shui's POV

Today was the day. I was finally going to see a therapist for the very first time in my life and not gonna lie, I was feeling really nervous about it. What was I supposed to tell him/her? Would they really be able to help me? Was I even ready to tell them everything? I had so many questions floating around in my head and I almost felt like I was going insane. Literally. My fingernails looked really gross right now. I would bite them off, everytime I felt nervous or anxious, just like now. Da Yu kept rubbing my back and whispering sweet nothings into my ear, which calmed me down a little bit.

"Hey, there's nothing to be scared of, yeah? You can do it, babe and I'm right here, beside you." I sighed and nodded. There was no backing out now. I just couldn't. I needed to gain control over my life again. My depression and anxiety kept me from enjoying and loving life. It kept me away from Da Yu, who was the most important person in my life. But this was about to change, hopefully. My depression and anxiety has actually gotten worse over the last couple of years and everytime I tried talking to my parents about it when I was younger, they'd always scold me for it and say that it was all in my imagination, that it wasn't real.

When will society finally understand that that depression and anxiety is indeed real and that millions of people are struggling with it every single day?

I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't even realize that my name was being called, until Da Yu grabbed my hand, making me look up to the woman that was calling my name multiple times.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Ai. Are you Zhi Shui?" I nodded, feeling nervous already. Dr. Ai was quite petite looking, with long brown hair that was tied into a ponytail. She didn't wear any "doctor" clothes, but was wearing casual clothes instead. I was quite surprised to see that, actually. I always imagined them to look like actual doctors.

"Are you ready to come into the room?" I hesitated and looked over to Da Yu. He then grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly.

"It will be okay, alright? I'll wait outside for you." He said and I sighed. He wasn't even allowed to come with me, which made me quite anxious, but maybe it was for the best. He would freak out even more if he found out how fucked up my brain really was.

"O-Okay." I stuttered out. He leaned over to me and pecked my cheek and in the corner of my eyes, I saw Dr. Ai looking at us, with a loving look on her face. I was relieved to see that, especially since the chinese society still wasn't as accepting towards the LGBTQ+ community. But then again, she was a therapist. Surely she must have helped a lot of people who were quite depressed because of their sexual orientation. But I didn't know, really. I didn't really know what therapists did.