Chapter 20 (moving on)

Here is chapter 20 for you guys!

Seems like this story was going too far too fast for you guys, things will be more slow from now on! ❤

This chapter is quite short, but I really wanted to update for you guys. And don't you worry, we will get an insight in Yuan Zong's POV soon.

And what do you guys want to see more of? COMMENT!!! ❤

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

Things were back to normal again. I woke up, got ready for work, focused on work the whole time and talked to Yuan Ru and Peng Ze occasionally.
Yuan Zong was back to being professional again, only talking to me when it was about work. He pretended like nothing had ever happened between us and maybe that was better for the both of us. I had to admit, I was hurt, but I learned to deal with it. After all, it was just a phase for me.

Even my mother and I were back on good terms again. After ignoring her for like a good week, she apologized. But knowing my mum, that would only last for a little while, before she would have started bugging me about getting a girlfriend and finally settling down, again.

It even seemed like I wasn't as stressed as before anymore. Maybe it really was a good thing that Yuan Zong was finally out of my life. Not once did he hint at me that he wanted to be with me, after we had broken it completely off a few days ago.

I head a knock on my office door, Peng Ze walking in.

"What's up?" I asked him, putting the files back onto the shelves.

"Not much. Hey I wanted to ask you something." I raised my eyebrow at him, wanting him to continue.

"My old childhood friends will be back in town, soon, and I wanted you to meet them aswell." I sighed.

"When?"

"Next weekend." I thought over it for a bit, realizing I didn't have anything planned.

"Sure, why not. Do they know about it?"

"They do. They want to meet you, too."

"Okay."

"Alright. Thanks, brother." He gave me a one sided hug and left, going back to work.

I looked over to the clock, noticing I only had a few minutes left until my shift was over.

Packing my things, I started to notice how empty my office really looked. No pictures, no plants, no anything, really. Maybe I should start to decorate it, making it more lively.

"See you tomorrow, Yuan Ru!" I said as I walked past her office.

"Bye bye!" She giggled, going back to talking to whoever was on the phone.

Arriving home, I took a shower and went to the kitchen, ready to eat dinner.

"Hey, mother." I kissed her cheek and sat down.

"Hello, my son. How was work?"

"Tiring."

"Hmm.." She was behaving really weird.

"Are you okay, mum? Do you need help with anything?" She just shook her head.

"Mum... are you really okay?" This time, she nodded.

"I don't think so. Do you want me to take you to-"

"Drop it, son." And I did, knowing how my mum could be.

"You've gotten really thin, Xia Yao." She suddenly said.

"Oh, have I?"

"Do you even take care of yourself or do you need mummy to tell you that all the time?"

"I do, mum." I actually haven't noticed that. I haven't been at the gym in over a week, aswell.

"Please take care of yourself, honey." She put her hand over mine, tears prickling her eyes and I knew it wasn't because of me.

"Okay, mum. Something definitely happened." I raised my voice slightly.

"No. Clean up the dishes for me, will you."

"You barely ate anything..."

"I had a big lunch today." She kissed my head and went to her room.

I sighted, not feeling hungry anymore.

~

"What's all the fuss about?" I asked as I arrived at work the next morning.

"Boss is out of town for a few days." A co-worker of mine told me. Where did Yuan Zong go?

"And...?"

"There is a lot of work to be done, now. A lot."

"You mean like everyday?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"No. Boss usually did most of the work for us, you know. And now it's our turn." That was true. Compared to the work Yuan Zong had to do, ours was nothing.

"Where did he go?"

"He has several press conferences out of town and a few meetings for partnerships with other companies." But wasn't he supposed to take me with him? I was his assistant after all, so he had to.

"Who did he take with him?"

"No one. I know. I was surprised, too! Since you were supposed to go with him." I was upset, but quickly brushed it off.

"Whatever." I went to my office, getting ready to work.

"Oh, by the way, Xia Yao."

"Yes?"

"Boss wants you to tidy up his office a bit." Wait what?

"What? Why?"

"All I know is that he has an appointment when he comes back on monday."

"With whom?"

"I don't know her name, but she is the owner of some company." So it was a woman...

"Alright." This was going to be interesting. Now I couldn't wait to meet her!

Pff, as if I was going to clean his office. Never!

Like always, I got a lot of work done and it was all getting so boring for me.

I didn't really have an interesting live. Going to work, going home and sleep. That was basically all I did.

Deciding it was better not to make Yuan Zong mad, I went into his office to clean it. Starting off with sorting out all the papers that were spread out on his desk, then going over to wipe his desk.

Something pink caught my eye. It was a sticky note on his computer. What the heck?

I had a great time today, can't wait to see you again, soon! 💋 ~ W. xx

What the actual fuck? When did he have anyone over? Surely I would have noticed that! I felt anger bubble inside me, though I forced myself to calm down.

It wasn't my business, anyways. He could date whomever he wanted, I didn't care. I wouldn't have given a damn if he was seeing someone. Even better for me. That meant he would finally leave me alone.

I ripped the paper off, tore it apart and threw it into the bin. A realization hit me.

All his love towards me was fake, then? Was he lying to me the whole time?

..............

Y'all dont even know what Yuan Zong is playing! I have to say, he sure is a smart man! 😉 *hint hint*

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤