Chapter 72 (I love him!)

Happy 19th Birthday to me! 😜

Sorry I'm uploading this so late, it's 11PM here, but I was spending the day with my twin brother :) maybe it's not even late, depending on where you live.

I really hope you guys like this chapter and please let me know your thoughts on it!

Oh and by the way, there will be an explanation about Xia Yao's mother's behaviour soon! And I didn't forget about Huan Lige, either. Don't worry, I have everything planned, just be patient, because this is going to be a long book :)

150 Votes and 30 comments for chapter 73!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

"I'll make it short. I either want Xia Yao to come with me or I want you dead. You decide."

He wanted to kill Yuan Zong. That was all that was on my mind right now and I felt like passing out. The whole room started to spin, my vision becoming blurry and I started to feel sick. What kind of sick bastard was that man?

He wanted Yuan Zong dead. He was actually capable of killing people, without even feeling bad about it. He saw joy in hurting people and causing them pain. I still remember how he would take all my toys away for "fun" just to see me cry and then make fun of me afterwards. He was a sick man.

It was as if that particular sentence had knocked every wisp of air from my lungs and now I was standing there; struggling to inhale, to exhale, to do anything.

That's how I felt right now; trying to remember how to breathe, unable to speak, totally stunned as the sentence bounced around inside my skull.

I want you dead. He wanted Yuan Zong dead.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing right now and I couldn't accept it. What would I do if Yuan Zong died? Die with him, that's exactly what would happen. I couldn't live without him. He was my rock, my anchor. He made me be a strong and independent person. He was my anchor that I so desperately held onto. But I would drown without my anchor.

"Y-You can't." I found myself say quietly. I didn't know where I got the power to even talk, but I was glad that I was able to.

"You can't kill him. You can't take him away from m-me. Please, n-no!" I choked out, trying to blink away the tears that were threatening to stream down my face.

"How pathetic are you? How did that bitch even raise you? Clearly she didn't hit you enough when you were younger!" He spit and came closer towards us. No, because you already hit me enough, to the point where I even fell unconscious multiple times.

I hid behind Yuan Zong even further, while he was trying to be dangerously calm. I knew he was going to explode soon, it was just a matter of time. Patience was his key to everything, I remember him telling me that one time and finally knew what he meant by that.

"Leave us alone, father. P-Please!" He let out a dark chuckle, rolling his eyes.

"Don't call me that, you disgusting piece of shit!"

"I'll make you a deal." Yuan Zong suddenly said, interrupting him. I was confused and scared at the same time. What was his plan?

"Who do you think you are, huh? I already told you what I fucking want. Let me kill you or I'll take Xia Yao with me. It's as simple as that. No son of mine will be a fag*ot." I swallowed, hard.