Chapter 67 (I'm Xia Yao's boyfriend)

Finally a new update from me!

Enjoy!

110 Votes and 25 comments for chapter 68!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share, please! ❤

Yuan Zong's POV

"Yuan Zong, come here for a second, please." Xia Yao's mother said. I was currently sitting in the living room, while Xia Yao was upstairs and taking a shower. I got up and went into the kitchen, where she was drinking a cup of tea. She usually just minded her own business and never called me for anything, so I was a little surprised that she did.

"Yes?" She placed her mug on the table and turned to me, a serious expression on her face.

"I think it's time for Xia Yao to move back into our home. We've been living here for a long time now." I could not believe what I was hearing. There was no way I was letting Xia Yao move back into his house. I know how selfish that was of me, but I didn't care. And I was sure that Xia Yao did not want to leave either.

"It's okay, really. I'm completely fine with you guys staying here, it is nice to have some company." That was the best excuse I could come up with and I really hoped I would get away with it.

"No, no. I want Xia Yao to find himself a nice woman. It's time for him to settle down and start a family. He is getting too old now and and his aunt has been asking me about it, aswell!" This was unacceptable. Xia Yao belonged to me and only me. It was pathetic and selfish of her, really. Xia Yao was old enough to decide what was best for him.

"I'm 30 years old and still single. It is good for Xia Yao to focus on his career and he will get married when he is ready, Mrs. Xia. He is stubborn, so please do not force him into things he is not ready for." I told her and she sighed, giving me an annoyed look.

"I know what's best for my son, Yuan Zong. Trust me, he wants it. Who doesn't want a nice lady, who cooks and cleans after you the whole time?" I really had to fight back the urge to roll my eyes at her. I couldn't be disrespectful to her, but man, she was getting on my nerves. She was a really old fashioned woman, who still believed that the woman's duty as wife, was to clean and cook after her husband and to look after the children and I disagreed with that.

"He does want to get married, just not now." I tried again.

"Then when? When he is 50 and all wrinkly and old looking?" She placed a hand on her hip and raised her eyebrow, scoffing.

"I don't know, maybe." I laughed, to which she just glared at me. And speaking of the devil, Xia Yao just walked into the kitchen with his hair still dripping wet.

"You two in one room means no good." He commented, looking suspicious.

"What are you, 5 years old? Go and dry your hair!" His mother demanded and honestly, poor Xia Yao.

"Mother, calm down. You know what the doctor once said. Don't stress too much and I think you should really listen to him." I knew that Xia Yao was doing that on purpose, just to provoke a reaction out of her.

"Maybe if you listened to me for once, I wouldn't stress so much!"

"Don't blame this on me, you are never home anyway. So how can I be the reason for your stress?" Xia Yao shrugged. I nudged him and shook my head.

"Stop that, Xia Yao." I whispered.

"No. I'm tired of her blaming me for literally everything."