Chapter 22 (my fiancéé...)

Chapter 22 is hereeee!

I really like this one, it's quite funny to me! Oh, Xia Yao... 😂

I dedicate this quite lengthy chapter to the wonderful FalxCie
Get well soon, hun! Love you! 💕

20 Votes and 7 Comments for chapter 23! 💕

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

After I finished up cleaning Yuan Zong's office, I went back into my office. I checked the time, it was 10:50 AM. He was supposed to be here in 10 minutes and I was actually quite nervous. Especially since he was expecting a visitor right after.

I decided to secretly get him coffee and placed it on his desk before quickly walking back to my office, not wanting to get caught. After waiting for what felt like an eternity, I heard the door of Yuan Zong's office open. Shit, he was back.

"Xia Yao!" I heard him call me, with a serious tone. He barely arrived here, why was he in a bad mood already?

"Welcome back, sir." I acted professional, pushing all my anger of him not taking me with him and those women aside.

He just nodded and continued.

"I need you to go downstairs and welcome Mrs. Ling for me." Was Mrs. Ling his visitor or that other woman from the sticky note?

"Why do I have to go...?" I rolled my eyes at him, provoking him on purpose. This was going to be fun.

"Because I am your boss and you do as I say. Now go." I still didn't move. I actually did want to go, having a quite funny plan planned.

"Xia Yao..." He warned me. I just smiled provokatively and walked out, ready to meet that beast.

I saw Yuan Ru carry all different kind of snacks, looking very beautiful. Wow, this day surely must have been important to her.

I went outside, waiting for that woman to arrive. What was taking her so damn long? I waited for another 5 minutes, finally seeing a car pull up. Seriously, I really didn't fit in with all these rich people.

"Welcome at Zong's engerprise, mam. I am Xia Yao, Yuan Zong's assistant." I bowed down a bit. When in reality all I wanted to do was push her back into her car, forcing her to leave.

She shook my hand.

"It's very nice to meet you, Xia Yao. I am Mrs. Ling." I had to admit, she seemed like a nice lady.

"Unfortunately, I have to tell you that Mr. Yuan Zong won't be accompaning you today. He was called in a meeting all of a sudden. I am deeply sorry, Mrs." And no, I did not feel bad for lying. Not one bit!

"Huh? That's weird, he called not even 10 minutes ago, telling me he was so happy to finally see me after a long time." She really seemed concerned. So, he was so happy to meet her again, huh? Well, not anymore.

"He didn't even have a chance to call you, then? I am truly sorry for this inconvenience-"

"Oh, no. It's not your fault, dear. I will just come back another time, then."

"Do you need me to deliver Mr. Yuan Zong a message, mam?"

"Just tell him to call me as soon as he gets out of that meeting, okay?" She smiled, looking a bit sad. Okay, now I did feel a bit guilty. She seemed like such a nice person to be around!