Chapter 51 (us against the world)

Hello, loves!

I injured my knee and I have to undergo surgery in a few weeks, so I'll be having many doctors appointments. Updates will be slower from now on, I'm so sorry, babes. I'll try my best to upload once a week or maybe even twice a week for you guys. ❤

I love you and thank you guys for the incredible support you guys continue to give me. ❤

40 Votes and 7 comments for chapter 52!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

"Your father is on his way. He borrowed money from my mother and is now on his way to you guys. Please stay safe, god knows what he is up to again." This was only getting better and better. Since the incident with our house, that was broken into a while ago, I wasn't so shocked anymore. I was scared, yes. Really scared. What were his intentions? Why did he want to "visit" us? Honestly, the only thing I was worried about were my mother and Yuan Zong. I didn't want him to torment us anymore, he did that enough already. And I knew that once Yuan Zong found out about my father, he would go crazy.

I sighed. Everything seemed to be too good to be true. Now that I was happily comitted to Yuan Zong, my father decided to make my life a living hell again. Just like how he used to. I had to hold back a sob, this couldn't be true. Of course my father had to destroy my happiness once again.

"Xia Yao, are you there?"

"I-I.. Yes."

"I'll be coming down to visit you guys, soon. I have to go now, stay safe, Xia Yao." He told me, before hanging up.

I slowly got up, I felt like I couldn't even walk properly, I kept holding on to the wall for support and headed for to the bathroom.

"Baby? What's wrong, why are your eyes so red?" I didn't say anything, before collapsing in his arms.

"Xia Yao! Come on, let's get you on the bed." He said with a worried expression, before carrying me bridal style towards the bed.

"Come on, Love. What happened, did Zhen Zhen do something?" I grabbed his hands that were resting on my cheeks and squeezed them tight.

"H-He's... Yuan Zong..." Tears were streaming down my face and I held on to Yuan Zong tighter than ever before.

"Deep breaths, baby. What did he do? I swear if he-"

"He's back." I just whispered and he got on top of me, while wiping my tears away with his fingertips. He knew immediately who I meant with he and he gently pressed his forehead again mine.

"It's going to be alright, my love. He won't harm you, I won't let him get close to you."

"No! It won't be alright! I know what that bastard his able to do and he will do everything in his power to destroy my life!" I snapped at him and got out of bed and went towards the window. I did feel bad for snapping at him, especially since he only wanted to be there for me and assure me that everything was going to be okay.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have-"

"Don't worry about it, babe. It's okay." He came over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm scared."

"Don't be, love. I won't let him hurt you, I promise. It's me and you against the world." I felt him press a kiss on top of my head and I sighed.