Chapter 86 (The Truth)

Hey babes!

Just like promised, here's chapter 86! Make sure to VOTE and COMMENT! That way, I'll update faster :)

You guys chose Yuan Zong and Xia Yao for this chapter, so you shall get it ;)

It's my birthday on saturday, the 9th of february and i'm turning 20! AHHHH! 🙃

(Also, read with caution. Harmful words are being used that could trigger you.)

170 Votes and 60 comments for chapter 87!

Xia Yao's POV

I stared at her, my mouth wide open. I started to shake as I imagined all the possible things that could happen after this conversation was over.

She would most likely abandon me and never want to talk to me ever again.

How did she even find out about Yuan Zong and I? We were always so careful around her, we never wanted to risk it.

What was I supossed to tell her now?

It was time for the truth now. And as I looked at Yuan Zong, he nodded immediately, almost as if he knew what I was thinking.

"Mother..."

"I don't want to hear anything, but the truth. So don't lie to me, Xia Yao." Her tone was stone cold and I felt a cold shiver run down my spine. I so desperately wanted to grab Yuan Zong's hand for comfort, but I couldn't do it right now.

"I... I'm sorry, Mother." I didn't exactly know what I was apologizing for. I was ashamed of myself. Because I disappointed her in so many ways. No matter what I did, she always dragged me through the mud. No matter what I did, she was never satisfied. And no matter what I did, it was never enough. I was never enough.

So, was it really my fault?

"Save it. I should have known there was something going on between you and..." She spit and looked over to Yuan Zong.

"Him!"

"Mother, please. Don't drag him into this. He has nothing to do with it!" I tried to argue.

"So it's true, huh? You and that thing are really..." I nodded, slowly. She put her hand over her mouth, almost as if she couldn't believe her ears right now. I clenched my fists when she didn't call Yuan Zong by his name.

"I'm the only stupid one here. To think you were going to marry a beautiful woman once we moved her and that I was finally going to be a grandma. To think, you-" she pointed to Yuan Zong.