Chapter 8 (my boss is a model?)

Chaptah 8 is readyyyyy! :)
Is the storyline going to fast for you guys?? COMMENT!!

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

I couldn't believe what I just heard. Did my boss just call me pretty? There was no way in hell he did! That's gross!!

"Excuse me?" I was shocked to say the least. He just smirked at me and walked out. That bastard! How dared he call me pretty? I was not a girl! He really got on my last nerve and made work not fun at all for me!

Going home after work was much better for me. I ordered take-out food, since I wasn't really in the mood to talk to my mum right now. She would just keep bugging me about getting a girlfriend, when I didn't even want one. I was better off on my own for now anyway.

Was it really that bad that I didn't have a girlfriend? I've never had one, actually and I was 25. I never really felt the need to date a girl, even when all my friends back at home had gotten girlfriends, I was just like, whatever. I didn't really care. My mum seriously needed to stop with all that shit. I was not going to find a girlfriend anytime soon, so she should have had given up. But knowing my mum, she would never give up. She was so stubborn. That's where I probably got it from...

I didn't really feel like going to work, but I had to. The weeks flew by so fast and it had already been 2 months since I started working here. Yuan Zong was still a pain in the ass, but, oh well. What could you do, it is what it is.

Right now I was working with Peng Ze, getting ready for a meeting I was going to attend with him. Our boss was absent, right now and I didn't really know where he was, either. Not that I was complaining, it was a quite peaceful day for me.

"Don't forget the papers. We have to give them Mr. Wong, so he knows what to order for the project." Peng Ze reminded me.

"I know, I have them with me." He just nodded.

"So, how is the love-life going for you...?"

"Not interested in anyone right now. What about you?" I asked, without looking at him. I didn't really care, to be honest.

"Ahh, same. Are you looking for a girlfriend right now?"

"No." I told him bluntly. What was up with people constantly asking about my dating life? It was none of their business!

"You know, I think this girl likes you." And again, I did not care. Not at all.

"Who?"

"Huan." (A/N: made that up...)

"Who is she?" I asked confused.

"You don't know who she is!?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Xia Yao! She is so beautiful and sexy, surely you must have noticed her! Every time you walk past her, she has those "love eyes". She fancies you!" Clearly not... I started to cringe.

"I don't know her."

"She is Yuan Ru's desk partner, too. They share an office. Buddy! You must be kidding me!" He was still shocked.

"Can we please go now? Or else we are going to be late!" I wanted to change the topic so bad. For some reason, I felt very uncomfortable.

"Nah, don't worry. We still have time."

"Then help me, asshole." He hit me over the head and started to type away on the computer.

After a while I could not help but ask Peng Ze about Yuan Zong.

"Hey, by the way. Where is boss?"

"Oh, he hasn't told you?" There seemed to be a lot of things he hadn't told me yet. I rolled my eyes.

"No. As you can tell, obviously."

"He is doing a photoshoot for some commercials." Commercials?

"Huh? Since when does he take part in commercials?"

"I don't know. You should ask him later."

"Oh hell no!" No way in hell!

"But yeah, they are shooting commercials for our company. You know, gotta get those customers in and make that money." He smirked.

"Whatever."

"And our boss is definitely not ugly. I mean, he looks like a fricking model!" He said amazed. Looks like someone had a crush!

"Aww, does Peng Ze have a crush on our boss?!" I teased him.

"God no. And, do you?"

"Ew, no! That's disgusting!"

"Just wondering..." He walked away, probably to print some papers. I was so pissed. Me, having a crush on Yuan Zong? Yeah. No!

~

The meeting went by pretty quickly, I loved learning new things.
But I was so ready to go home, feeling very exhausted. I just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep for 10 years.

"The meeting went pretty good, don't you think?" Peng Ze asked happily. He looked like a 5 year old kid, who had just gotten a cookie for dessert.

"It was alright. I'm just glad it's over now, I am so tireeeeed!" I whined.

"Man up, Xia Yao. You will be home soon. Just get your things from your office and go. We are all pretty much done here anyway."

"I was planning to do just that."

"Hey, let's go out to eat and grab a drink, yeah?" Peng Ze suggested.

"Sounds good to me, just wait here and I'll be right back."

.................

Hope you liked it, guys!!

Vote, Share, Comment and Follow, please! ❤