Chapter 83 (breaking promises)

Hi loves! Finally back with another update! :)

I'm pretty stressed out with life right now. School, Work, Family... You guys probably know what I'm talking about.-.

And then there's also depression and anxiety kicking my ass every day, but I'm NOT letting it get the best of me. Fighting!

ALSO! I'm thinking about writing a BTS (Taekook and Yoonmin) fanfiction! But I'm not sure yet. I love those two ships so much! Uwu 🤧😍

Anyway...

Enjoy this long chapter and please leave me some feedback on my chapters. Otherwise I don't know what I should change/fix in my story. Thank you.

150 Votes and 40 comments for chapter 84!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

Talking to Yuan Zong about the trip turned out to be a quite difficult task. His eyes were constantly glued on his computer screen or on his phone. What did he even do all day? I was usually the stubborn one in our relationship, but it seemed like the tables have turned now. He wouldn't even look at me, either. And that hurt, a lot. So I walked out of his office and went over to Yuan Ru's office.

"Xia Yao! What a surprise! I haven't seen in you in what felt like forever!" I heard none other than Huan Lige say. Ugh, not her again. I mentally groaned and rolled my eyes at her. I just hoped she doesn't try coming onto me again.

"Uhm, yeah. Where's Yuan Ru?"

"Oh, she went to go print out some papers, our printer is currently broken."

"Okay." I wanted to walk out again, but she stopped me by grabbing my arm and pulling me towards her.

"Xia Yao, wait! We didn't even have the chance to fully get to know each other. How about we go out for lunch later, hm?" She winked, rubbing my arm up and down and I had keep myself from vomitting. She was trying way too hard.

"No. I have to go now, Huan Lige." She wouldn't let go of my arm, though. So I had to pull it out of her embrace.

"Aw, why not? Come on, don't be so stubborn, cutie." I just glared at her and walked out. She pissed me off so much. Even more than Yuan Zong did, so that really had to mean something.

"Listen, Huan Lige. I'm not interested. Now leave me alone." I told her and walked out. I was so annoyed with everything.

"Oh, Xia Yao. Were you looking for me?" I bumped into Yuan Ru on my way back to my office.

"No, it's alright. I forgot what I wanted to tell you, anyway." I just said.

"You seem so out of it, are you okay? How are things with my asshole of a brother?" I just sighed at the sound of his name.

I missed him. I really did.

"Don't even ask. I really don't know what has gotten into him. He used to be so affectionate towards me, but now? Nothing." I whispered. I didn't want anyone to find out about Yuan Zong and I after all.