Chapter 34 (love advice)

This chapter is only a lil filler chapter with Zhi Shui and Xia Yao! :) But it's an important one!

Hope you enjoy chapter 34! 💕

20 Votes and 6 comments for chapter 35! 💕

Vote, Comment, Share and Follow me, please! 💖

Xia Yao's POV

As we were all happily chatting away, I noticed someones gaze on me the entire time. I tilted my head to the left side and noticed, that it was indeed Zhi Shui staring at me. I was confused and made a gesture with my hand to say what? He motioned for me to follow him to the kitchen. So I got up and excused myself. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Yuan Zong watching my every step. He always did that, so I knew he was doing that until I was out of his eyesight. I sighed and turned around to face Zhi Shui, who had sassily placed his hand on his hip.

"What's up?"

"Oh, nothing, mr. My boss hates me, but I still wiped his mouth with just my finger." He giggled. Oh, this was so embarrassing! Of course I wasn't going to get away with it. Yet I still tried to play it cool and not make a big deal out of it.

"Uhm, what?"

"You know exactly what I mean, Xia Yao." He sighed and folded his arms over his chest, waiting for an answer.

"It just... happened?" Though it sounded more like a question. Maybe because I didn't know the answer to it myself.

"Xia Yao... You guys went out to eat-"

"Wait, how did you know?"

"Peng Ze." He just said.

"And how did he find that out?"

"Yuan Ru."

"Have you met her?" He nodded.

"Yes and she was very nice and lov- Hey! Don't try to change the topic now!" I sighed. There was no way out, now.

"You guys were out, shopping together and the both of you are invited to the same wedding." I blushed at how... convincing this all sounded.

"Yeah, and?"

"I thought he hated you?"

"He does-"

"That certaintly did not look like hate out there. Do you know protective he was over you? And how he took care of you when you were completely wasted?" He almost looked... sad.

"You can't deny the fact, that you guys are close. Very close." He looked suspicious. Should I tell him, that Yuan Zong and I indeed had... something in the past? I wasn't sure. After all, I was confused about everything that included Yuan Zong right now. Maybe I should come clean to someone about what had been bugging me lately and maybe Zhi Shui could even help me with that.

"Can I tell you something?" He nodded.

"But you have to promise me, not to tell anyone, okay?" He looked unsure, probably because him and Da Yu were dating and he couldn't keep anything from him.

"I would have to tell Da Yu eventually, though..." He sighed and I finally gave in.

"You are right, Zhi Shui. Yuan Zong and I do not hate each other." He gave me a look as to say duh and I continued.

"We, uhm, kissed once." His eyes widened, his mouth hanging open in shock.

"O-Once?" He stuttered out.

"Okay, twice."

"Only twice?" He was baffled. And I was so embarrassed to even look at him. It was hard enough for me to even forget that... time we had.

"Ugh, I don't know how many times we kissed, okay? But it stopped after that day. I called it off."

"But why?"

"What do you mean, why? He is my boss." I clarified.

"Fine. You guys don't have to be in a relationship with each other, but I can see that you are trying to push him away from you. Now, does he love you?" I sighed and nodded. He did love me and just thinking about it made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Hate you, my ass. Xia Yao, seriously now. I can tell that Yuan Zong cares about you, a lot. You guys have kissed, went out a few times with each other. He took you home when you were drunk-"

"He, uhm, actually took me to his house..."

"Xia Yao! Seriously? Now, you don't have to be romantically involved with him, but at least try to get along with him, okay? Not as lovers, but maybe as friends. If you believe it or not, even chefs and employees can be friends with each other." I sighed once again. My thoughts were just everywhere.

"Alright."

"I used to be just like you, when Da Yu and I weren't dating yet."

"How come?"

"I kept pushing him away, everytime he wanted to get close to me, get to know me. He tried it all the time, yet I still pushed him away. Not because he was man, since I knew I was gay from very early on, but because I was so inexperienced in that field and because of some other reasons."

"What reasons?" He sighed and looked away.

"Nothing important." I nodded.

"But I just couldn't get him out of my head. I thought about him the whole time, not once did I stop thinking about him." Just like me.

"And then I finally gave in. I couldn't forget him. So I had to get him, before someone else did and I completely lost him. And you know what? Those have been the best 3 years of my life and I am the happiest man alive with him. He makes me happy, he makes me feel safe. He makes me feel... loved. And that's a truly wonderful feeling, Xia Yao." It was, indeed. And I missed it. God, did I miss it so much.

"That's beautiful, Zhi Shui." I looked away and started truly thinking about Yuan Zong and I.

"I'm not forcing you to anything, but I just had to tell you. You reminded me too much of myself." He smiled sadly at me.

"And I'm glad you did. Thank you."

"Can I ask you something else?" I nodded.

"Do you have feelings towards Yuan Zong?"

"I-I don't know..." I mumbled.

"I think you do know, Xia Yao." I think we all knew...

"You are just scared of love."

...................

Short chapter, but thats what I had planned it to be :)

20 Votes and 6 comments for chapter 35! 💕

Vote, Comment, Share and Follow me, please! 💖