Chapter 52 (surprise)

Hey, loves ❤

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

And thank you guys so much for 52K+ reads! Unbelievable! You guys are the best! ❤❤❤

40 Votes and 7 comments for chapter 53!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share, please! ❤

Xia Yao's POV

Zhi Shui invited me over to their place, since Da Yu would be gone for the whole day. I noticed how upset he seemed about it, but I didn't want to ask too many questions. He barely even talked to me at all, only staring into basically nothing, while looking deep in thought.

"Zhi Shui, is everything alright? You are a bit too quiet right now. Did something happen between you guys?"

"No... He, uhm, he had been going out a lot lately and he doesn't even tell me why or where he is going." He was fiddling around with his finger, avoiding my gaze.

"Did you ask him about it? I mean, if it really bothers you, which I am sure it does, then maybe you should talk to him about it and sort everything out." I suggested, to which he shook his head.

"No, it's o-okay. It doesn't really bother me."

"Liar. I can see how much it bothers you, Zhi Shui. Which is completely understandable. That's the best thing you can do right now." I spoke and he nodded slowly.

"What if..." He started off.

"What if what?"

"Never mind. It's not important." His expression became even sadder and I knew what he was thinking about.

"No, Zhi Shui. Da Yu is not like that, believe me."

"I trust him, I really do. But I wouldn't blame him if he did..." He whispered the last part and I felt a pull at my heart. It was so heartbreaking to hear Zhi Shui talk so low of himself.

"Zhi Shui... please. I don't want you to ever talk like that about yourself, understood? There is reason why Da Yu is going out a lot lately, but I won't tell you what it is. If it makes you feel any better, he is with Yuan Zong right now." I tried to convince him. For some reason it looked like he still didn't even believe me.

"Can we change the topic, please? I'm done talking about all of this." I sighed and agreed.

"What about your cousin, isn't he going to visit you soon? What was his name again?"

"Zhen Zhen. And yes, he is coming down to visit me in a few days."

"We are back!" We heard Da Yu suddenly yell behind us and I smiled at Yuan Zong. He was only gone for like a few hours and I already missed him like crazy. He leaned down to give me a little peck on the lips.

I looked over to Zhi Shui and Da Yu, only to see Zhi Shui dodging his kiss. Uh oh, someone was mad.

"Uhm, we should go. I'll see you guys soon. Call me, Zhi Shui." I grabbed Yuan Zong's hand and intertwined our fingers, before grabbing my jacket and leaving their house.

"Okay, Da Yu has to stop going out so much with you. Poor Zhi Shui is going crazy!" I told him, once we arrived home, plopping down on the couch.

"It was the last time, I promise. Da Yu found the perfect ring already. He didn't really have to search for too long, that's why we got home earlier than usual today."