What a Mess (Chapter 2)

Chance's POV:

I look over my shoulder to find Sky talking with Brady and her other friend. Her friend nods towards me and I feel my heart start racing. Oh god, she's looking. What if she thinks I'm a creep for staring at her? Look away...

I can't get myself to take my eyes off of her, as cheesy as that sounds, and she locks eyes with me, giving me a small smile. I smile back and am finally pulled from my daze when one of the boys that I've been talking to slaps my back lightly.

"You good bro?" Devin asks.

I blink a few times and nod, turning my attention to him. "Yeah, I'm good."

Devin looks over my shoulder to where I was staring moments ago and smirks. "You are totally crushing aren't you?"

"What? No. We just talked a bit because we both went for the last water bottle." I cover quickly.

Devin chuckles and shakes his head. "You are totally crushing on her!"

I shush him as people start to look over at us and I feel my cheeks redden slightly. "Sh! Okay, maybe I have a bit of a crush. It doesn't matter though. She probably thinks I'm crazy and besides I have to focus on the show."

"Well then now would be a bad time to tell you that she's walking over here?" He asks.

My eyes widen and I look at him worriedly. "What?!" I whisper. He nods and backs away with a grin. 

I turn slowly when I feel a light tap on my shoulder and sure enough, Sky is standing right behind me.

"Uh hey. So I just wanted to wish you good luck. I didn't even think about it while we were talking," She says softly.

I'm so mesmerized by her green eyes right now. I try to focus on what she's saying, but it's difficult. She's so nice too. Why is she making this so hard?

"Oh, well thank you. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself out there now," I joke, and she gives me a small smile. Idiot...

"I'm sure you won't embarrass yourself. Just sing your heart out and remember what's important to you," She replies.

Damn that was smooth...

"Wow, you should be an agent or something. That would have sold me," I comment.

Sky  smiles and I can't help but smile back. "I say it to Brady all the time. It seems to work for him so I'm sure it'll work for you."

"Thank you. I appreciate it."

"Chance Perez to the stage. I repeat Chance Perez to the stage." My name is announced over the loud speaker and I bite my lip.

"Well, that's my cue. Time to go sing," I mumble nervously.

"You got this. Just remember what I said." She smiles and squeezes my arm in reassurance, sending goosebumps up my arm.

Damn this girl is really getting to me...

I nod and give her a small smile before I head to the stage, grabbing a microphone on the way.

"Hi what's your name?" Emma asks with a bright smile.

I clear my throat and hold the mic to my lips, my hands shaking slightly. Hopefully it isn't too noticeable.

"My name is Chance Perez and I am 19 years old," I say.

Nick nods and waves his hand slightly. "Whenever you are ready."

I nod and the music starts. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Just sing your heart out and remember what's important...Just sing your heart out and remember what's important...