We Can't, Can We? (Brady Imagine)

*For fordtough987*

Sergio and I walk inside together, my hand around his elbow. The ballroom is decorated elegantly with a crystal chandelier hanging in the center of the room. There are buffet tables set out all along the walls and tall tables set out for people to place their food and drinks down.

"Hey guys!" Chance and the rest of the boys wave us over and we smile as we make our way over.

"You look beautiful Joy," Brady comments as he hugs me gently. I blush slightly and smile. I'm dressed in a sleek black off the shoulder skater dress with matching black heels, my hair lightly curled and laying neatly over my shoulders.

"Thank you Brady." I won't deny that there's definitely a connection between Brady and I, but I'm with Sergio and I'm happy. Plus I would never want to hurt him.

Sergio grabs my hand then and starts pulling me away. "Come dance with me!"

I laugh and follow after him to the dance floor, sliding my arms around his neck as we start to sway. As Sergio spins us around playfully, I catch a glimpse of Brady over his shoulder. He's watching us with a small frown as he sips on his drink. I bite the inside of my cheek and rest my chin on Sergio's shoulder, continuing to sway with him.

After an hour or so, Sergio and I grab some appetizers and walk back over to the boys.

"You guys are so adorable," Drew teases, shoving Sergio slightly. Sergio chuckles and kisses my temple.

"Thank you," he mutters. I take a bite of the crab cake I grabbed and chew silently while the boys talk about the event. We are at a semi-formal gala to raise money for the children's hospital. The boys perform later in the night and there will be an auction afterwards.

"I'm sure we'll do just fine. Just think of it as any other performance," Michael says.

I look at the boys finally and nod. "You guys have performed countless times. You'll do great. Tonight Belongs to You is a fan favorite anyway."

A guy with a headset on comes over and summons the boys to follow him. "Good luck!" I cheer. 

Sergio kisses me softly and smiles. "See you soon babe."

I nod and as Brady passes me, he brushes his hand along my hip sending goosebumps up my spine.

——————

After the performance is done, which the boys smashed as always, Sergio and the boys disappear. Someone grabs my waist from behind and I jump slightly, turning to see Brady.

"Come with me," he whispers. I raise an eyebrow and follow him across the room to one of the extra, quieter rooms attached to the ballroom.

"What's going on?" I ask curiously.

"I could tell you were getting a little uncomfortable so I brought you in here to breathe. Plus I wanted to show you my tattoo," Brady explains.

I nod and take a deep breath. "Oh yeah! I forgot you were getting your first tattoo yesterday! Lemme see."

Brady unbuttons his shirt slowly and I watch him awkwardly, unsure what to do. He slides the right shoulder of his shirt down and turns around, revealing an intricate tattoo on his shoulder blade.

"Woah, this is so cool." I run my fingers along the design, tracing it lightly and I feel him shiver slightly. I bite my lip slightly and slowly let my hand fall to my side again. Brady pulls his shirt back on and rebuttons it carefully.

"Where were you thinking about getting tattoos again?" He asks. I point to my left wrist.

"This is where I want to get my first one." He grabs my wrist gently and brings it to his lips, kissing the skin softly. I watch him in awe for a moment, not saying anything. Something inside me liked it and I can't seem to form any words to tell him to stop.

"And then here." I point to my right forearm and Brady kisses that spot too. I bite the inside of my cheek and point to the back of my neck, just above my right shoulder blade.

"And here." Brady moves behind me then and slowly pushes my hair over my left shoulder, leaning down to press a soft kiss against my neck. I suck in a breath and bite my lip, closing my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I manage to squeak out.

"I like you Joy. I think I've made that pretty obvious," he responds.

All I can do is nod, lost for words.

"I want to kiss you. Just once. Please," he whispers, slowly turning me to face him, his nose brushing mine lightly.

I gasp slightly and my hands instinctively press against his chest.

"We can't," I start. He kisses my upper lip just barely, sending a shot of adrenaline through my veins.

"Can we?" I whisper, my brain fuzzy and confused.

"Please," he whispers again. This time I give in and push my lips against his fully and passionately. He slides one hand around my hip, pulling me closer to him as the other slides around my cheek. He kisses me back deeply. I feel a heat rise slowly up my spine and my stomach twists in knots, butterflies erupting. Somehow my brain catches up then and an image of Sergio flashes through my mind. I quickly pull away, my hand sliding around my mouth.

"No, what did we just do?" I ask in awe.

"I believe when two people's lips meet that's called kissing," Brady teases sarcastically. I run my fingers through my hair and shake my head.

"Brady, no. I'm with Sergio."

"No offense, but screw Sergio. You and I both know you two do not have a real connection. I know you felt that spark too when we kissed," Brady replies.

My eyes are wide and my head is spinning. "I-I know but I'm still with him Brady. He's still my boyfriend."

Brady grabs my hands gently in his. "So explain to him that you think you and I have a connection. I think he'd understand. He's been sensing some distance between you guys lately."

I look up into the blue eyes I so quickly and deeply fell in love with. "I can't date one of his best friends Brady."

"Why not? Sergio just wants you to be happy. We can be together." He insists.

I bite my lip harshly. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"I'll tell him how I feel tonight after the gala," I decide. Brady smiles and leans down, kissing me softly again.

As he pulls away, he kisses my forehead sweetly. "You have no idea how happy you make me."

*Sorry this is a short one guys! It's been a crazy day. Hope you enjoy and sorry to all my Sergio fans out there!*