Casted Part 17

The next day I'm sitting on one of the couches in the tour bus writing new music. I hum a beat I thought of, my eyes closed in concentration.

 "Sounds like it'll be a great song," someone says. I jump and open my eyes to find Chance leaning against the wall. 

"Thanks." I set my pen down and rub my hands together. Chance moves to sit next to me and I turn to face him. 

"Are we going to talk about last night?" He asks. 

"What about it?" I bite the inside of my cheek nervously. 

"The fact that we kissed. Everything we said," he adds. I shrug and look down at my hands. 

"We got lost in the moment Chance. I meant everything I said but we just got caught up," I say softly. 

"You're joking right? I felt the longing in that kiss. You want it just as bad as I do. Why are you fighting it so hard?" He questions. 

"Because this is a terrifying feeling, Chance. I've never fallen for someone so fast. I've never longed for someone so bad when they're gone. It's scary to think that something could go wrong and ruin this feeling. To think that the unexpected could change this for the worse. It is awful to think like this, I know, but I'm just so scared," I explain with a huff. 

Chance slides his hand around mine gently. "Nothing is going to hurt us or come between us, Sky. I know it's a scary feeling believe me. I'm battling the same feelings right now. Hell, I have a child that I need to care for and my life is so complicated with having my daughter's mom and her family in the picture, and my two sisters, my single mom, my life with the band. I mean I'm kind of freaking out every day!" He replies with a small laugh. 

I sigh and look up at him. "Having a child with her mom in the picture shouldn't scare anyone away. Even though you didn't say it, I know that's what you're scared of. You've been such a good father for two years and it's never been an issue, Chance. It makes you stronger. And your mom has got to be proud of you and I'm sure your sisters are too. The fact that you are balancing all of this shows courage and strength," I say. 

Chance nods slowly. "I want to balance one more thing with the rest. A relationship. A relationship with you. Skylynn, I know you're scared. So am I. Let's be scared together. Let's start over. We jumped into a crazy spiral of feelings. Let's start from the beginning and do it right. I want to introduce you to my family, to my daughter. I want them to love you as much as I do. Start over with me?" He mumbles. 

I blink a few times, fighting with myself internally. "We've already done a lot, been through a lot to just start over." Chance nods again and runs his fingers through his hair. 

"I know. It's like going backwards. But I think it's a really great idea for us to start over and build a foundation," he explains. 

I swallow hard and bite my lip. "Okay."

 "Okay?" 

I nod a bit. "Let's start over." 

Chance lets out a sigh of relief and smiles, holding out his hand. "Hi, I'm Chance." I giggle slightly and shake my head. 

"Okay, nope. I'm not starting that far over," I admit. 

He chuckles and nods, sliding his hands around my cheeks. "Fair enough." I smile and press my lips against his fully, sliding my hands around his cheeks. He grins against my lips and kisses me slowly. I pull back and look up at him.

 "My Mom and Brooklyn are going to come to the show tomorrow night. Can I introduce you?" He whispers. I brush my nose against his lightly.

 "Hm, I don't know. Is that moving a little fast?" I tease.