Intriguing (Chance Imagine)

*for Leanov03*

"Wait did you just say you invited a girl to dinner tonight?" Chance teases.

Michael rolls his eyes and sticks his tongue out at him. "Yes, that's what I said. This is Lea. We've been friends since freshman year."

Chance chuckles and pats his back before he holds out his hand to me. "Pleasure to meet you Lea."

I smile shyly and shake his hand. "Yeah you too."

"Lea!" Drew walks in from outside with some groceries and sets the bags down, giving me a tight hug.

I hug him back as Chance, Brady, and Sergio watch in confusion.

"What? I met her while we were still on Boyband. She's a sweetheart," Drew informs with a shrug.

Brady tsks and shakes his head. "You didn't introduce her then? Damn Michael, that hurts."

Michael rubs the back of his neck slightly. "Well, at the time, I was hanging with Drew and J Hype. I hadn't had a chance to get to know you guys yet."

"He's just messing with ya," Sergio comments, shaking my hand.

Michael looks at me for a moment. "I have to go get ready for dinner, but they're really nice guys, so just sit and get to know them okay?"

I nod and bite my lip nervously. Michael squeezes my arm reassuringly, knowing how shy I am before he walks down the hall.

"So Lea, what are you going to school for?" Chance asks, sitting down.

"Oh, uh, I was thinking about journalism. I really love writing," I say quietly, sitting down on the couch.

Chance smiles a bit. "Really? That's cool. I wish I could write well, but I have writer's block pretty much everyday."

I smile and laugh a bit and he chuckles at his own bad joke.

"How long have you been writing?" He asks.

I think for a moment, playing with the rings on my fingers. "Since I was in 7th grade. My English teacher was really amazing and wanted us to think creatively. I've loved it since."

I can feel Chance's eyes on me and I blush slightly. He looks down at his hands then.

"You don't have to be shy around me, around us. We are the most laid back group you will ever meet," he says after a few moments.

"I know. I can't help it. I've always been like this," I mumble, looking over at him.

Chance nods. "It's not a bad thing. It's cute."

I watch as his eyes widen and his cheeks turn red and I crack a small smile. "You think I'm cute?"

Chance clears his throat slightly and slowly nods. "Uh, Yeah, I mean, uh, yeah."

I smile more as he stutters and look at him again. "I happen to think you're cute too."

Chance smiles and pulls his phone out of his pocket as it buzzes. "I have to go pick up my daughter now." He stands up and walks to the door. "I hope that doesn't scare you off."

I shake my head and smile. "I happen to really love kids."

He smiles again and nods. "See you later then."

I bite my lip and shake my head slightly. Brady, Sergio, and Drew walk back into the room then and sit down, and we talk for a while. I slowly loosen up and start to be my normal self around them.

——————

At the restaurant, we are directed to a large table in the back. I sit down beside Michael just as Chance walks in, holding a little girl in his arms.

"Hey guys." He sits down next to me.

Michael grins and pulls the girl into his lap. "Brooklyn! How's my favorite girl?"

I watch her giggle and talk to Michael. "Brooklyn is a pretty name."

Chance looks at me and smiles. "Thank you. I can't take all the credit. Her mom really decided on the name."

I nod and give him a small smile. "And you and her mom are still together?"

Chance shakes his head. "No, uh we ended things shortly after Brooklyn was born. Just overtwo years now."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry." I bite the inside of my cheek.

"No, don't worry. I've come to peace with it. Besides what kind of guy would I be if I called you cute and then told you I was seeing someone?" He asks with a grin.

I blush and shrug. "Fair point."

"Lea, they have shrimp here," Drew calls from across the table.

I look at him and then at the menu and grin. "Guess I know what I'm getting tonight."

Chance chuckles a bit. "You like shrimp huh?"

"It might be one of my favorite dishes," I answer with a shrug.

Chance smiles. "So you write and you like shrimp. What else should I know?"

"Well, my favorite color is blue, and not just blue but all shades of blue. I love dolphins and have a dream to swim with them someday. I cannot sing or dance but that doesn't really stop me especially if a song comes on that I like. I listen to music pretty much any time I'm not busy writing or sleeping. I babysit for extra cash for school. I love volunteering at the children's hospital and just being able to talk to kids. I am 19 years old and am an only child. I live with my single mom..." I trail off as I catch a glimpse of Chance smirking.

"What?" I ask before I realize I was rambling. "Oh sorry. I get a little excited sometimes."

"It's totally okay. There is something very intriguing about you Lea." Chance sips on his water.

I blush again and run my fingers through my hair.

"Would you like to go out sometime?" He asks boldly.

My eyes widen and I open my mouth to say something but no words seem to come out. Chance watches me calmly. I blink a few times and let out a small breath.

"Yeah, that's be nice." I manage to spit out.

Chance smiles and nods. "Good. I look forward to it."

"Daddy? Who is that?" We both turn and see Brooklyn pointing at me.

Chance smiles and kisses her forehead. "This is Lea. Can you say hi?"

"Hi Lea. I'm Brooklyn." She waves slightly and giggles.

I smile and look between her and Chance. "Hi cutie. It's very nice to meet you."

"If you hurt her, I'll come after you." Michael comments suddenly.

I look at him and Chance stares at him in shock. "How did you-"

"What? You think I can't tell how you two are looking at each other? She deserves to be happy so don't mess this up," Michael replies nonchalantly.

Chance nods and looks at me and we both start laughing. "Sir yes sir."