What a Mess (Chapter 6)

Sky's POV:

I hear the front door open, but I don't even bother looking to see who it is. I stare straight out at the stars with a small frown.

"I know it's a stupid question, but are you okay?" I hear Brady's voice and let out a small sigh as he sits on the top step beside me.

I look at him for a minute before I rest my head on his shoulder. "I just don't know what I did for Jay to feel the need to hate me. And Emma? I thought you said she was nice?"

"I thought she was! I don't understand what Jay was thinking either. You haven't done anything to him," Brady reassures.

I sigh again and close my eyes for a moment. "Where's Kay?"

I feel Brady's shoulders shake as he chuckles. "When I left her, she was bitching Jay out and Chance was talking to Emma."

I smile a bit. "Aw, she was bitching him out for me?"

"You know she would do anything for you hun. So would I," Brady says softly.

"Thank you," I whisper. The door behind us opens again and I tense slightly when I hear Chance's voice.

"Brady, can I talk to Sky for a minute please?"

Brady kisses the top of my head sweetly and stands up, walking back inside. I watch as Chance sits down beside me, and he slowly looks over at me. I stare at him quietly, unsure of what to say.

"I'm sorry, about Jay, about Emma. They had no right," Chance finally says after a while.

"I was never trying to hurt you Chance. I genuinely just want a shot in this industry. I have no intention of stealing the spotlight, or taking your money, or whatever they are accusing me of," I mumble softly.

Chance shakes his head. "No I definitely know that Sky. I never thought you would do something like that to me."

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, as I do when I'm stressed or worried. "Then why do you sound disappointed?"

Chance sighs and I feel my heart slowly starting to break. "I just don't understand why you didn't tell me you were interested in singing. I would have supported you through everything. Don't you trust me?"

Ouch...

"Of course I trust you Chance. It was never about not trusting you. I just didn't want to add stress to your already stressful month. You've been so busy going city to city to perform and meet fans, and I just didn't think it was the right time to bring it up. I would never intentionally keep something from you," I reply immediately.

Chance looks at me then, his hands clasped together between his legs. "I don't care how busy I am, okay? I want to know about my girlfriend. I want to know everything you are interested in because I want to share in the joy with you. I would do anything just to see that beautiful smile you have."

I feel me cheeks heat up and I can't help but break into a grin. "Really?"

Chance smiles and nods. "Definitely."

I glance over at him and gently nudge my shoulder against his, causing him to chuckle. "So, you sing?" He asks.

I let out a small laugh and nod, shivering slightly. "Yeah, I sing."

Chance shrugs his jean jacket off and drapes it over my shoulders carefully. I smile and pull it around me.

"And you must be good if Hollywood Records signed you," Chance comments.

I look at him, forgetting that Jay had mentioned that. "Wait, I forgot about that. I didn't get a call or anything though. How did he even know that?" I ask.