Casted Part 20

I stare at my reflection in the mirror anxiously and bite my lip, smoothing out my dress. Sofia appears behind me and she smiles, sliding her arms around me from behind and rests her head on my shoulder. 

"Are you ready?" She ask quietly. I smile a bit and turn to hug her.

 "Yeah as ready as I can be with a month to scramble everything together. How do I look?" I do a small twirl and Sofia claps her hands together. "

Like a beautiful bride to be! And don't worry, everything will be perfect!" She shrieks. I giggle and smooth out my dress again. I have a strapless, sweetheart style wedding dress on. The top is a tight, lace, low cut with a silver sequenced belt around my waist. The bottom falls straight to the floor with two, high skits at the front of each leg making it easier to walk and dance later on. I have all silver jewelry on and my hair is curled and half of it is braided around the back. The stylist added a few silver and maroon wires through the braid to give it a cool effect. My makeup is a maroon color to make my eyes pop with a deep pink lipstick. The photographer walks in then and looks around at everyone. 

"Are you ladies all ready to take some pictures with the bride?" He asks. Sofia, Dove, Presley, Aspen, Bethan, and Sophie all grin and nod. 

"Oh my gosh yes! Let's do it!" Aspen cheers. I laugh and smile, shaking my head at her excitement. They are all wearing maroon, off the shoulder dresses that come to just above their knees with silver heels and silver jewelry. They all have their hair straightened with half twisted into flowers in the back. 

"I'm so happy that you all are my bridesmaids. I love you so much," I say and they all smile and hug me and I hear the click of the camera as the photographer captures the moment.

 For the next hour the photographer sets us up in different poses and takes a bunch of pictures. When the time comes for us to head over to the venue for the ceremony, we meet up with the groomsmen, all except for Chance and his best man, Michael. I grab Brandon's arm gently and pull him aside. 

"Hey, you alright?" He asks, concern all over his face. I nod and give him a small smile. 

"Look, Brandon, I want to ask you something important. My mom, although she would have loved to be here, can't be and my dad, well, he abandoned us when I was a baby and I have no one to walk me down the aisle. So I wanted to ask if you would give me away because you and I got so close after we met on set and you're the closest thing I have to a brother. I mean you are a brother to me and I love you so much-" I start to ramble on, but Brandon hugs me and rubs my back lightly. 

"I would be honored to give you away tonight, Skylynn. And know that your mom is looking down on you with a smile on her face because she's so proud of you and her baby girl is about to get married to the love of her life surrounded by people who truly love her," he replies. I smile and wipe at my eyes carefully as I let a few tears fall thinking about my mom. 

"Thank you Brandon." He smiles and walks me to the limo and we climb in, sitting with the rest of the group. Everyone looks at us in confusion. 

"Everything's okay guys. I asked Brandon to give me away tonight." 

"That's so sweet," Bethan says quietly. I smile. 

"Okay so everyone knows who they are walking in with right? It'll be Michael and Sofia, the best man and the maid of honor. Then it'll be Dove and Brady. Then Presley and Sergio. Then Bethan and Drew. Then it's Aspen and Thomas. And then it'll be Sophie and Luke. And then obviously Brandon will be walking me in after. And you all know what songs you're coming in to?" I double check with everyone. 

"Yes of course! Don't worry Sky. Everything is going to be perfect!" Dove leans over and squeezes my arm and I smile, nodding slightly.

 "Okay and then there's one more issue that I need to take care of and that would be my first dance. Not with Chance, but the dance that is supposed to be with a parent. I've been thinking so hard about this because you're all so dear to my heart. After a lot of thinking, I figured since he is already walking me down the aisle, Brandon should be the one to dance with me. But maybe like half way through, you guys could all come out and dance with me? Because I love you all," I explain with hope in my eyes and my words.